Author Topic: New release????  (Read 3781 times)

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
Re: New release????
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, »
I bought LSP 2 years ago when it wasn't ready for prime time, paid to update it last year when it still wasn't ready and now that my upgrade date is past by about a month, I have no intention of buying it a third time and continuing to waste my time, money and the space on my hard drive. Time for me to give up on LSP and look into Vixen 3 or HLS as an upgrade from my current Vixen 2.1 with Nutcracker.
Luceat lux vestra

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Group 2 pixels and cut your channel count in half.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Good point.  Might even be able to do groups of 3 with my flex strips.  Not sure if I want to fool with it for this season but definitely something I will look into and test. 

I plan to demo 2.8 when time allows. 

Anyone think there could be issues using 32bit 2.5 files in 64bit 2.8? Or any other compatibility issues?   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, »
So far, so good. Since you can run v2.5 and V2.8 side by side I doubt you will see any issues.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2013, »
Thanks George. 

I assume it would not be far to compare the performance of the 2.8 demo compared to 8k channels of 2.5?   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2013, »
The only thing, I really tested so far was twinkle and shimmer output, since I didn't realize shimmer wasn't working last year, it was my only worry. And since it worked I was appeased for the moment.

Offline thestig

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2013, »
Has anyone tried the new scheduler? I was trying to use it today and I can't even get it to install correctly. Keeps giving me an error.

I haven't built my conductor yet so I am kind of frustrated. Im using windows 7 64bit and I tried to install as an administrator to see if that fixed things. It did not.

Grant

Offline urthegman

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, »
I don't know why you are having that problem, but if I could recommend something, I would recommend posting this over on the LSP site as well, Ryan the person who rewrote the scheduler has been more active over there and I am sure he would be more likely to see your problem and help you if you posted it there. JMHO  George

Offline thestig

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, »
I went ahead and posted over there. I was too lazy to make an account last night. Little did I know... I already had an account with LSP forums. Let's hope its something simple.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, »
What's in the log files located here:

c://Programdata/minleon/lightshowpro/server/logs/logfile

Offline zwiller

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, »
They just released another update for the scheduler: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, »
Just reading this thread briefly the other day I decided to ask for the upgrade.  I have been a user of LSP since at least 2.0.

LSP has always been gracious to send me a new License key for the upgrades.

I loaded 2.8 last night and had no problem using 64 bit version on Win7.

I am sorry you guys are having issues. With that said, I agree with urthegman and the suggestion in interacting with LSP/Minleon on their website and email. Again, they have always helped me through any bugs or problems.

Hope everyone is getting fired up for your Halloween and Christmas Shows.

Good luck!

Greg

Offline zwiller

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2013, »
Tried 2.8 and acts wonky as all the 64 bit releases did.  I think it's the codecs.  Sticking to last 32 bit (on a 64bit i7 box) for this year.  If it worked well I woulda upgraded... 

Also, you cannot run 2.5 and 2.8 side by side...