Author Topic: Model Set-up in Xlights  (Read 1192 times)

Offline davecubdallas

Model Set-up in Xlights
« on: October 07, 2013, »
I am starting to understand the process on how these two programs (xlights/nutcracker and LOR) will interface with one another. However Im still having a rough time with learning how the actual setup for xlights/nutcracker works. Under creating a model in xlights/nutcracker I'm still kind of hazy on assigning channel number to individual nodes and what not in my display. From the tutorials, i haven't found the part yet that discusses this in detail. I am using a combination of ws2811 strips (10 vertical strips, which essentially creates a matrix, im also using quite a few individual DMX fixtures that are also RGB. I also have a mega tree made from 8 separate "dumb" rgb strips. These fixtures span multiple universes and aren't sequentially numbered. When creating models, i see where under "custom" setting i can manually set my model width and heigh, under the "graph" there is A1, A2, A3, B4, B5, B6.. and so on.. the number that is entered there, what is that number? pixel number? DMX address? how do I specify what DMX universe those pixels are on?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Model Set-up in Xlights
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, »
When you set up your networks in xLights, there is a mapping that shows how the channels in xLights/Nutcracker map to the network/channels in LOR.  See if that answers your questions...
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro