Author Topic: Minleon Express is avaliable  (Read 3672 times)

Offline ron d

Re: Minleon Express is avaliable
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Do these include a case or do you have to get the $99 controller and then the case separately?

Its additional $25.

Controller and pigtails only for limited time @$99

Offline poolprousa

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2014, »
Please remember as agreed all support for the commerical product will be done off of DLA and by Minleon.

RJ

I wish I had read this BEFORE I purchased 2 of these last week!  I'm a green rookie to all of this, partially-disabled with early Parkinson's and can't solder anymore.  This looked like such a sweet solution.  I assume (like all other controllers) these have to be programmed and configured?  Minleon does not post these files anywhere.  I ordered last week; never got a confirmation of purchase, never got shipping verification (till a guy named Ron finally emailed me back from his cell phone) and NEVER got a tracking#...it did show up Friday, glad I happened to be home to receive it.

The 2 boards had pigtails attached, but the polarity is backwards on some of them (never got an answer back if I should be concerned with this).  They were rolled up in plain used bubble wrap, no anti-static bag or box.  The heatsinks have grooves and scratches all over them, like they were test units or something.  Oh, and I read somewhere that shipping price was ridiculous ($40.00+) because they come from China...they came from PA, and shipping to Al. should have been around 12 bucks.  I order stuff from China all the time.

My new buddy (whom I have not met yet)) jnealand has invited me over too his house when I visit my daughter in Ga in a couple weeks.  I'm going to impose on his experience (if he will) to assess the condition of these boards...I worry that the cold weather and poor packing may have zapped something.  Sorry to vent, I'm just floored that a so-called "commercial" product has this lack of professionalism and support.  Hope I can get support here if needed

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2014, »
No need to worry about the backwards polarity on the pigtails.  As a commercial product, I would expect that they are already programmed and configured to start on channel 1; the only thing you may want to change is the start channel.
/mike

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2014, »
You can get support on their forums also You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login