Author Topic: Mod not working for SSC v3 - RESOLVED  (Read 2866 times)

Offline drlucas

Re: Mod not working for SSC v3
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, »
Best advice ever!!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
do one and make sure that it works before doing the rest of them.

Why I do the things I do sometimes is BEYOND me.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've also just got back down from the roof replacing a bad node....will post a different thread on WHY nodes go dead after pretty much 1 hour of use...

You ARE burning them in for a few hours on test mode, right?   ;D

Although I have the old firmware, I agree with tbone and suggest you mod to V3 so they are supported for future upgrades.  Seriously, the mod is easy. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, »
It is pretty easy to do.  The hardest part of it is cutting that trace and it is actually a little harder to do than it looks but if you are carefull ..... 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline drlucas

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, »
It will be a post coffee/ pre-9pm cut before I pull out the exacto knife!!

If I can get these to work, then I have enough channels and SSCs for the show I have planned and 3 spare SSCs for any emergencies that come up. All in I'm looking at 22 SSCs for the show which is an incredible amount of work for me this year...i've been at this solid since March (well solid I mean whatever free time I get from the 12hr days at work and the weekends with the kids shuffling back and forth to events).

I do appreciate all the help and am sure that i'll be good for December show time. Maybe with a few minor changes to the plan, but it's coming together.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

Re: Mod not working for SSC v3 - RESOLVED
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2013, »
OK.... issue has been resolved. The problem at the end of the day was my pigtail connections. Apparently I'm colorblind!!

I thought that brown/yellow:green/blue was equivalent to red/green/blue. That is not the case.

SO.....I'm definitely grateful to everyone who helped get this one fixed up. I think I'll stick with this non-approved mod for now as it appears to be working mint. If I run into problems down the road I'll consider reverting back, but if it isn't broke I'm not going to fix it (i'll tweak it , but I won't fix it :)

Cheers all!
Ryan
-Ryan Lucas-