Author Topic: Adding Nutcracker effects to existing sequence  (Read 2268 times)

Offline bassmants

I have several sequences from last year, all dmx.  I am adding a few rgb effects/items this year and wanted to know the best way to add some Nutcracker effects into my sequences.  For instance, I have 128 channels currently, but am adding a pixel megatree.  How do I add an effect at a certain time in my sequence for "x" seconds etc.  Sorry if this has been gone over before, heck I've probably read it at some point, but nothing is popping and I hit a mental roadblock.  Thanks for any help.

Terry

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
Re: Adding Nutcracker effects to existing sequence
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, »
Which version of Vixen are you using? 

If a pixel tree is the only thing you're adding, I would build the model in Nutcracker with a start channel of 1.  Build your effect and export as a routine (VIR) file.  (As of right now, if you build a sequence in Nutcracker, you export all channels into a VIR file.)  Then in Vixen you can right click on the channel and time you want the effect, load routine, paste.

This will only work in Vixen 2.x.x or Vixen+.  Vixen 3 has Nutcracker built into it, but I'm not 100% on how to use it.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, »
I believe you should also be able to open the vixen sequence in nutcracker/xlights and then add the pixel tree stuff to the existing sequence.  Just make sure your "pixel tree model" is defined with the right channel number and whatever you add via nutcracker should be in the right place.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I believe you should also be able to open the vixen sequence in nutcracker/xlights and then add the pixel tree stuff to the existing sequence.  Just make sure your "pixel tree model" is defined with the right channel number and whatever you add via nutcracker should be in the right place.

I forget about that way!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bassmants

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, »
Vixen 2.1.whatever is what I am using.  I will try tonight and post any more questions, which there will be...

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, »
Vixen 2.1.whatever is what I am using.  I will try tonight and post any more questions, which there will be...

One advice of caution. Make sure you have backup copies of your sequences. Before you make changes.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, »
[One advice of caution. Make sure you have backup copies of your sequences. Before you make changes.
Rick R.

a big +1
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline barbotte

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, »
my vixen sequence as only 512 chanel on it ..should i raise is to 4000 to incorporate my pixel tree before i converted it  or will xligh will figure it out ??
thanks