Author Topic: Suitable Sub?  (Read 825 times)

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
Suitable Sub?
« on: October 11, 2013, »
I was wondering if these "resetable fuses" would be a suitable substitute for the fuses on the active hub?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I tried to match the characteristics of the original fuse as closely as possible.  Just seems to me that if the fuses are resetable it would make things a LOT easier when you screw up your wiring and have to dig between the RJ45 jacks to get the old fuse out. 

Heck... they are even a .01 cheaper than the originals!  ;D

What say you, gurus?

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Suitable Sub?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, »
Not just no but ?>?>? no! that would be a get way to have a fire. If there is a short the last thing we want is for it to keep appling power. If we want that we would do away with the fuse. Fuses like that are for a certain situations and this is not one. this is a hazard so please stay safe.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, »
My original pixels were much less waterproof than the ones available now and I had a strand burn itself completely in two when rainwater got inside it creating a short. Thank goodness the fuse blew or I could have had damage to the hub and had a dead megatree for the season. Fuses are a necessary pain.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My original pixels were much less waterproof than the ones available now and I had a strand burn itself completely in two when rainwater got inside it creating a short. Thank goodness the fuse blew or I could have had damage to the hub and had a dead megatree for the season. Fuses are a necessary pain.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Or worst a fire!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying