Author Topic: Importing Nutcracker produced and converted .lms file into LSP  (Read 2590 times)

Offline urthegman

I am attempting to import a sequence made in Nutcracker and exported to an .lms file in xlights. It converts the file and then asks to add a controller to begin. I am guessing that it has to be an LOR controller that I add? Do I have to add enough controllers to cover the amount of channels in the sequence? Can I save ONE LOR controller in my library and make it have all of the channels that I need? Thanks for any help and guidance!!!

Offline urthegman

Tried it as a Vixen .vix file as well and both sequences open when I add the group of controllers I am using in LSP, but there aren't any effects in either sequence. The LOR file is over 158,000 kb and the Vixen .vix file over 35,000 kb.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, by urthegman »

Offline urthegman

Just tried it in v2.5 with the same result, no effects in sequence.

Offline MrChristmas2000

Have you tried importing other vixen or LOR sequences not produced by Nutcracker?

Offline urthegman

Not recently, but I will do that right now.

Offline urthegman

I had luck on two out of four. Two sequences loaded with controllers already in them. The two that didn't asked me to add a controller, I added an express and neither of those two had effects after adding the controller.

Offline urthegman

Oddly enough, I downloaded a trial version of LOR s2 opened the .lms sequence and there weren't any of the Nutcracker effects that I added. I had changed the media file directory to make the sequence easier to open in LSP. I went back and changed it to the original directory, converted the Nutcracker .xseq file to LOR's .lms file, opened it and now I see the effects in LORs2, but still not in LSP!!! <fp.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
i cant really help. a year ago, lsp worked for me to try testing. now i would need to buy a license. since i don't use any other sequencer in my show except for xlights/nutcracker, i really dont want to have to buy licenses.

i know people are generating sequences and getting them in to lsp.

have you tried exporting out UserPatterns.xml?

to do this you need to
1) rename your current UserPatterns.xml or just copy it so you have the original.
2) generate effects in xlights and export to UserPatterns.xml.
3) Launch LSP
4) go to where you want the effect and paste. The UserPatterns.xml file was loaded into the oaste buffer when you launched lsp.

this means you cant just change a nutcracker effect, export a userpatterns.xml and paste over the old file. All of that will work but the paste buffer will NOT be loaded. you need to exit and go back into LSP to reload the new UserPatterns.xml.

How many people are using the UserPatterns.xml export process?

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

Thanks Sean, It is half of a 6 minute sequence that I am working with. I thought I might have been able to change it to a .lms file, import that, and copy and paste to it an .msq file. Since I can see it in the trial version of LOR s2 but not import it into LSP, I tried "saving it as" in LOR s2 but it produces an encrypted file. I'm thinking if I purchase a basic license for LOR, maybe I can try it again and maybe it won't be encrypted and LSP will load it then???

Offline urthegman

Well I am now the owner of ANOTHER piece of software and it didn't work until I assigned the channels to unit ID's and I was able to import the non-RGB elements!!! <fp. I am now changing all the RGB channels to LOR units and hopefully that will allow me to import them as well!!!!

Offline keitha43

Last year when people were having problems importing from the standalone version of nutcracker the original web based version still worked.

Offline urthegman

Still confused here, It appears that LSP will import LOR .lms files that have the controllers pre-defined but when you try to import a sequence and it asks you to add a controller, the sequence won't load. Keith it's not just an effect I am trying to add, it's half of a sequence, ok it's a whole sequence, but I only need the half with nutcracker effects. 

Offline urthegman

Update, I was able to get it to load in LSP using Vixen 2.1.1 and following twooly's suggestion of attaching a profile t(o the sequence with a controller (a 4,106 channel one at that) only problem now is, that it loaded as the individual RGB channels.

Offline urthegman

Hey, I had an idea what if I saved a copy of the original sequence I am attempting to add the Nutcracker effects to. Took that copy and changed all my RGB controllers to regular static(?) controllers, this would expand the controllers to their original individual channels in red green blue order. Then I could copy and paste all of my Nutcracker effects. Then go back in and change them to RGB controllers again. I know it's labor intensive, but do you think it would work???

Offline urthegman

After spending hours assigning controllers to my RGB channels in LOR I went to load the .lms file I saved, the error message when loading controllers said Input string was not in a correct format. The difference I see in the channel config is what you see in the picture posted. Anyone know which is the proper config? I'm guessing it is the one on the top?