Author Topic: lsp drag  (Read 3240 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: lsp drag
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2013, »
I ran 2.5 last year and I gotta say, there wasn't nearly as many problems as this year. The scheduler runs fine for me so I don't understand that lag issue.
 I already did the complete uninstall and reinstall yesterday again. Maybe I forgot a folder or 2 that needs the manual delete. There is a procedure for this. Can you list it Pete?
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
X2 on what zwiller said. Try un-installing LSP, then un-install the codecs, then re-boot. Then install LSP and select the default codecs, re-boot and then run LSP. I had a heck of a time with the codecs when I first upgraded to LSP 2.5, after I did the un-install of ALL the codecs, it speeded everything up.

I have a similar spec'ed machine to sirloinofbeef001 and mine is now running fine with the latest update.

Too late in season for me to fool with codecs and 2.8 and worried about fooling around with it will only make things worse...  Pretty sure I relied on your info Pete to dial mine in last year.  Thank GOD you ran a Halloween show! ;D  My machine is similar to both of yours minus the SSD.  Hard to believe the 32bit version runs better... 

FWIW there is a post over at LSP that this drag/lag is also appearing in the output of the new scheduler...  No worries for me as I am running the conductor.  During the conductor beta I was watching for lag like a hawk and I am willing to bet RJ and the other betas think of me as "lag boy".

I was going to try the new scheduler, but I had a few issues with the Etherdongle not working correctly with the new scheduler, so I switched over to the Conductor and exported all my sequences to conductor format. Mine's run every night since Oct 1st with not a single hiccup. Sweet!!!

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2013, »
Have an extra conductor for sale? 8)

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2013, »
Have an extra conductor for sale? 8)

PM me your e-mail for an alternative solution.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2013, »
I ran 2.5 last year and I gotta say, there wasn't nearly as many problems as this year. The scheduler runs fine for me so I don't understand that lag issue.
 I already did the complete uninstall and reinstall yesterday again. Maybe I forgot a folder or 2 that needs the manual delete. There is a procedure for this. Can you list it Pete?

This is what I did on my Win7  64 Bit O/S machine, to get it to default to the K-Lite codecs with the sequencer

1. Uninstall LSP 2.8
2. Go into c://Programfiles/Minleon

If the Minleon folder exists, delete it

3. Then go to your control panel and click on uninstall a program

4. If K-Lite codec pack and K-Lite Mega Codec pack exists, un-install them

5. Scroll from the top to bottom and look for any other codecs that are installed and un-install them, (you want to make sure that when you re-install that LSP is only using the K-Lite codecs) Also specifically look to see if  divx is installed, if it is, un-install it
then re-boot your machine.

6. Re-install LSP and let the installer use the default K-Lite codecs, it will automatically prompt you after LSP installs to download the codecs. If you are running the 32 bit version of LSP, only allow it to install the 32 Bit Codecs, if you are running the 64 Bit version of LSP you need to install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of the codecs.

Then re-boot your machine
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline johno123

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2013, »
Awesome - ill give that a shot tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2013, »
Pete, I have done all that. The DivX, I thought that was a problem so I deleted it and never put it back.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2013, »
It could be that LSP is outputting commands faster than the hardware can see it for example.
This was an issue during the beta testing and they had the ms @ 10 changed the ms back to 30 for pixelnet,  (I think.) so the hardware was addressed during the beta.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2013, »
Pete, I have done all that. The DivX, I thought that was a problem so I deleted it and never put it back.

So is it still causing issues even when you uninstall DivX?

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2013, »
Yep. I just turned it off.  <md..