Author Topic: Active hub working ?  (Read 992 times)

Offline therealbigjim

Active hub working ?
« on: October 16, 2013, »
I finally broke out my active hub, Eather Dongel and a Lynx Express to test things. ( I built them last year.) After several hours of setup and testing, then reflashing I was able to make the Lynx Express cycle. I used the current version of X-Lights. I got the Express flashing with DMX set on universe #1, 1-16. I then moved the jumper to DMX universe #2 1-16. No lights on the Express. ( I did adjust the channels in X-Lights) I then checked universe #1 496- 512 and the lights cycled on the Express. The dongle was flashed with the current HEX file from the WIKI. I don't plan on using more then one DMX universe and its fine on the #1 universe setting, but am I missing something...I will be attempting to make some smart strings blink tonight and wanted to have some known working parts before testing the lights.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Re: Active hub working ?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, »
What did you adjust the channels to in X-Lights for your test?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, »
yes I moved the channel selection to the in x lights to 513-528. I just tried it again. I put the jumper on DMX universe #2 and changed the channel selection. NO lights on the express. I then selected universe #1 1-16 and even tho it is set to the 2nd universe its still lighting up universe #1 1-16

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, »
yes I moved the channel selection to the in x lights to 513-528. I just tried it again. I put the jumper on DMX universe #2 and changed the channel selection. NO lights on the express. I then selected universe #1 1-16 and even tho it is set to the 2nd universe its still lighting up universe #1 1-16

You are power cycling the Smart Hub aren't you? The jumper "programs" the DMX PIC at power up so it knows to listen for 513 instead of 1.

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, »
no i did not cycle.  I will test it now tho.....    that was it. I did not cycle the hub to get the DMX universe to change.     Also I did program my first 20 rectangle nodes and they work  :) again had to re-flash the ssc and it programmed and worked in x-lights.  its very cool when stuff works. Thanks to RJ for making cool stuff possible.  <res. <res. 

Offline drlucas

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, »
I learned another lesson tonight...the DMX jumper when combined with the pixelnet universe has an impact on channel number. For example. I have two active hubs. One is on pixelnet 1 and the other is on pixelnet 2. DMX jumper is set to 1 on both hubs. I thought 1-512 would be the channel number in xlights....Indeed it is for items on the one hub, but the two hub actually uses 4096+(1 through 512). Makes sense....when I think about it...but had to make a couple of minor tweaks to my channels tonight. I'm going to move from back of napkin approach to the MSexcel template shortly for channel tracking.....
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, »
my show was 96 channels for years now I have more then that in one element...