Author Topic: Vixen 3 to Conductor pluggin/Converter?  (Read 1652 times)

Offline egenoup

Vixen 3 to Conductor pluggin/Converter?
« on: October 16, 2013, »
Anyone know of a plugging or application to convert Vixen 3 to Conductor output file formats?

Anyone working on it?  If not I may attempt a shot at it..

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Vixen 3 to Conductor pluggin/Converter?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, »
Sorry I haven't heard of any.

I was hoping that xLights would add it to their conversion utility.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline egenoup

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, »
Adding it to the xlights conversion program, would involve xlights recreating all the input/output/patching and effects from Vixen in Xlights.  I would think that modifying the 1.31 output module to write to a file would be a quicker way to get the SEQ files.  I will look into it, but it will take me much longer than a seasoned coder.

Offline egenoup

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, »
I'm not sure if I'm not quite understanding everything here, but please correct me if I am wrong. 

An output plug in could be used to write the conductor sequence file.  all the plugin needs to do is read the physical buffer every 50 ms and save all channels.  No real processing is needed.  Just read and save.  Anyone familiar with the "dumb test controller" could probably modify it in one evening to write the output to a file in the conductor format (which is simple).

I am restricted by a learning curve, but I am still determined to try a stab at it.

Charles

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not sure if I'm not quite understanding everything here, but please correct me if I am wrong. 

An output plug in could be used to write the conductor sequence file.  all the plugin needs to do is read the physical buffer every 50 ms and save all channels.  No real processing is needed.  Just read and save.  Anyone familiar with the "dumb test controller" could probably modify it in one evening to write the output to a file in the conductor format (which is simple).

I am restricted by a learning curve, but I am still determined to try a stab at it.

Charles

"all the plugin needs to do is read the physical buffer every 50 ms and save all channels.  ". It must be harder than that.

well, i requested a file from vixen 3 about 5 months ago. the developers made comments like that would be hard with their current architecture. I believe there are no plans to make any sort of output file this year.

I have stated this before, if you use Vixen 3 you will not be able to use xlights, conductor, pi player this year. The only file vixen 3 has is a high level xml file. this high level file has to be interprested by the vixen 3 code t make it work.

we on the  xlights/nutcracker will never be able to make a conversion for their high level file.

We can process lsp,lor,vixen 2.1, vixen 2.5, vixen+,hls.
we cannot process vixen 3.

They did say they would get an output file sometime next year. When they make it, we will add a converter into the CONVERT tab.

i wish someone could figure out how to get a output file.

sorry
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline egenoup

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, »
There is a project for a "helix" output pluggin that will most likely output a .vix (i.e. vixen 2) compatible file.  This will probably work, but only if a profile file is also created along with the vix file.  I have completed my first coding of the CONDUCTOR plugin for Vixen 3 and I need 3 to 5 volunteers that would like to help me test and report back any bugs.  Please send me PMs.

Thanks,

Charles Strang
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, by egenoup »