Author Topic: 3.3 volt LED will not light  (Read 2656 times)

Offline MazdaFan

• Sardinia, Indiana
Re: 3.3 volt LED will not light
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2013, »

Thank you, I did not know that.  The manuals go out of their way to state caps are not polarizes, therreforre I fretted about my directions.  I will just arrange them for athestetics then in the future.

[/quote]

Actually, the manuals usually say something to the effect that it looks more "professional" if you make them all the same way.  The fact is, that if you are paying attention to which why the resistors are laying... you are paying attention to the board which will result in less errors when you place the parts on the board.  Besides... its just a good habit to get in to. :)

Hope my "soldering help" book did just that... helped. 

Jamie
Jamie Tomlinson
Sardinia, Indiana
--
When you can keep your head when all others are losing theirs,
you clearly don't understand the problem!

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2013, »
Greetings,,,

Just in case someone gets confused later while reading this thread.  Some capacitors are polarized, some not.  The manuals point out this.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline tbone321

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2013, »
Yes, the small yellow disk or ceramic caps are not polarized but the Electrolytic caps are and it's best to know the difference between them before soldering them to the board.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank you, I did not know that.  The manuals go out of their way to state caps are not polarizes, therreforre I fretted about my directions.  I will just arrange them for athestetics then in the future.

That is Not true. Some caps are not polarized other caps are polarized. The assembly manuals will state that.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline arw01

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2013, »
Noted, and original reply fixed with some adlib to not waylay someone errant.  Learning a bit each day here.