Author Topic: Etherdongle with conductor with Vixen 3+  (Read 1898 times)

Offline arw01

Etherdongle with conductor with Vixen 3+
« on: October 16, 2013, »
Starting from scratch and picked up from the FS board an conductor/slave/trigger kit from last years co-op to assemble.  Have an etherdongle in the current co-op.

I read that the current version of Vixen 3+ does not output in conductor format, and reading the wiki here I don't see any plugins for the etherdongle for version 3.

therefore a question comes to mind:

what's the preferred sequencing software that can output to the conductor?

Alan

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Etherdongle with conductor with Vixen 3+
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, »
I don't think you will find a preferred software.  This is one of those questions that when asked of 100 people will give you 100 different answers.  Everyone has different reasons for picking the software they use.  I'm still using Vixen 2.1 even though I also own LOR, LSP, and have tried Vixen 3 and Vixen Plus.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, »
LSP(lightshow pro) can export to conductor format. Xlights can convert LOR and Vixen (.Vix files) to conductor format. You might PM Smeighan to see if he has an idea on how to convert 3+ files.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, »
While I quite like LSP and exporting to conductor is simple, LSP has a steep learning curve and there are still a few bugs that need to be worked out.  I tell everyone that there is no perfect solution and to try all programs and see what clicks for you.  If vixen 3 does, then stick with that and shoot a PM to Sean like Keith suggests.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
While I quite like LSP and exporting to conductor is simple, LSP has a steep learning curve and there are still a few bugs that need to be worked out.  I tell everyone that there is no perfect solution and to try all programs and see what clicks for you.  If vixen 3 does, then stick with that and shoot a PM to Sean like Keith suggests.   

To be honest I would shoot Matt an email dowdybrown since he is the xLights guy.

I would also love to see xLights be able to convert vixen 3 files to the conductor and HLS files too.
Maybe if enough of us kindly ask……..

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, »

To be honest I would shoot Matt an email dowdybrown since he is the xLights guy.

I would also love to see xLights be able to convert vixen 3 files to the conductor and HLS files too.
Maybe if enough of us kindly ask……..

Rick R.

Xlights works with lsp,lor,Hls,vixen 2.1,2.5,vixen+. It will not work for vixen 3.

Vixen3 is the only sequencer that does not produce a file that has every cell of your sequence in a file. Vixen3 stores your sequence in a high level of xml. For example it could say do a chase on a mini tree.

Xlights cannot convert this high level file. I have talked to the vixen3 dev team, they plan on making this binary form of your sequence next year.

Bottom line, you will not have a conductor file from vixen3 this year.

Sorry,

Sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, »
Hi Sean

Many thanks for the information.

I appreciate you looking into it with the developers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, »
Is there a good chance of the binary file being created next year or is it just one of many wan to do items?  I would really like to go with Vixen3 because I elieve that its features work well with th way I want to redesign my display but I also really want to use the Conductor because itwill make my life much easier setting up th show.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving