Author Topic: Vixen 3 to Conductor pluggin/Converter?  (Read 1897 times)

Offline egenoup

Vixen 3 to Conductor pluggin/Converter?
« on: October 14, 2013, »
Anyone know of a plugging or application to convert Vixen 3 to Conductor output file formats?

Offline zwiller

Re: Vixen 3 to Conductor pluggin/Converter?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, »
It was suggest in another thread to send a PM to smeighan and see if he can assist with his experience with nutcracker. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was suggest in another thread to send a PM to smeighan and see if he can assist with his experience with nutcracker.

I have had this discussion with the vixen3 team.
Bottom line they will not be making a binary save of your sequence this year. It is a goal for next year.

You will not be able to run any vixen 3 sequence on xlights or the conductor this year.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, »
Thanks Sean.

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Sean.

+1, you can pretty much ignore the PM in your box, but a suggestion for the software a total newbie should start with to use the conductor would be appreciated.

Alan

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, »
For a total newbie, you can't go wrong with Vixen 2.1.  Free and reliable.  Helps you understand the basics.  I used it up until I added a large amount of rgb.  Export to conductor format using Nutcracker/xlights. 

If you are going rgb out of the gate I would suggest demoing LSP. 

Offline keitha43

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, »
I think I have seen on here that Vixen Plus does easier RGB than 2.1. Those with experience with those programs can tell me if I am remembering correctly or not. I like LSP myself. I am a former LOR V2.x user. Switched before v3.x came out so I don't have any experience with that version. I believe Sean has Nutcracker/Xlights being able to do sequencing by itself now so you may want to look at his online tutorials to see if you like it.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, »
The author of Vixen plus says you can use it to sequence, but run the show from 2.1 or xlights.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA