Author Topic: MR 16 wiring and use with Kingbright 3 watt tricolor LED's  (Read 9498 times)

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
The MR16 lights you can get direct from Wirekat.  He's a member here and a few of the other forums.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ron

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
We should probably confirm with Ken, but he said he got his LEDs straight from Kingbright.  I'm assuming that means here, but we should confirm, looks like 2 options for RGB LEDs too:

Ron

Offline REM

If I'm reading the specs right it looks like they compare like this:

Typ. Lumens
MR16  Kingbright RGB
Red2730
Green 5350
Blue2720

Offline tpctech

Well I got my parts for a MR16 board I purchased from wirekat Thanks!   I got the board stuffed, programmed and tested.  It worked the first time even with have the help of my 7 year daughter old stuffing the resistors and caps! I couldn't talk her into soldering yet! 

I did get a chance to connect the board to my LED fixture and worked very well.  The dimming seems to be about the same as the Wirekat MR16 LED's I purchased. 

The beam spread on the 3 Kingbright LED is very wide as compared with the MR16.  It is basically is a flood as compared to the MR16 as a spot.  I will measure and compare beam spread and the lumens of both the MR16 and my unit with 3 RGB Kingbright 3 watt LED's in the next few days.

KEN

Offline lizard050

HOw did these turn out??
Brad
South Florida

Offline tpctech

HOw did these turn out??

I got a little buried and did not get to measuring the light output.  I how to get to it soon!  It looks like it is going to work well with the MR16 board.

KEN

Offline thedudedrummer

any word? Video perhaps?

Offline golights

Ken, Do you have am update on this project.   I am looking at setting up something simular.  How did the MR16 controller work out?  I was looking at being able to blend the colors and would like to see how it worked for you.

Thanks