Author Topic: SSCv4 test firmware  (Read 981 times)

Offline zwiller

SSCv4 test firmware
« on: October 26, 2013, »
Building mine now and just realized there is no test firmware.  I really like using the test firmware for testing my build/hookups and burning in nodes.  Anyone know if this on RJ'd to do list?  Any one else like using the test firmware?  Thanks in advance. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: SSCv4 test firmware
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, »
Its been on RJ's to do list since he designed the SSC v4.

Other projects are higher up on the priority list. We just have to wait for it.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, »
Thanks Rick.  That's what I thought. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, »
Yep, waiting like you.  I have 5 put together before continue on making the other 5, wanted to make sure they worked.

Alan

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, »
I've never used the test firmware ... Just programmed it with ss utility and then used xlights rgb tester with it.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, »
when building SSCs I first connect power using my test bench power supply (with short circuit detection)  along with the test mode I can test strings, string control and do it without blowing a fuse.
also, I have used a string of lights, a controller with test mode, and a power supply to create a center piece that I bring with me (and give) at parties. 
so, I also like test mode.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro