Author Topic: Critique method  (Read 824 times)

Offline zwiller

Critique method
« on: October 27, 2013, »
I have eight dumb 10W led spots as seen at 1:15 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (my playback is acting up?)  Anyway, last year I used a MR16 and a lot or wire which was a PITA.  Plan to use DSCs this year.  I plan to use 4 DSCs so I can mount to frames.  So I have 12 channels for 8 lights...  I plan to use only 2 channels per DSC.  Seeing that this is a custom use I plan to use (2) 2 conductor cables instead of a 4 conductor.  Tie the 12v lines together and ground of light 1 to channel 1/R, etc... 

This is where it gets a little weird and I want some criticism.  No room to change my sequences and my channel order in LSP is sequential.  So, channel programming will overlap and the DSC's 3rd channels will get a signal but nothing is connected.  IE set first DSC to channel 1, second DSC to 3, third DSC to 5, and fourth DSC to 7. 

See any problems with this?  Other thoughts?  Thanks in advance. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

Re: Critique method
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, »
Other than making sure that the devices being connected to the DSC's will not overload them, I see no issue with this at all.  The DSC's do not daisy chain the signal and the hubs distribute the full universe on all ports so there is no chance of signal corruption.  The DSC doesn't know or care if all of the outputs are connected or not so once again, there shuld be no more issue from using only two ports on the DSC as there would be in using only 12 ports on an LE.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline zwiller

Re: Critique method
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, »
Thanks tbone.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."