Author Topic: lsp 64 bit.  (Read 1618 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
lsp 64 bit.
« on: October 27, 2013, »
This question is for those who are using lsp 64 bit.  I've been in contact ( teamview ) with mike (mmulvenna) at lsp and we are wondering if those with 64 bit systems running the 32 bit program reads at the top of the program 64 bit or 32 bit? I have problems with the 64 bit show so I went back to 32 and it still says 64. He was kinda at a loss. ( I know I am ) thanks for any input.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline urthegman

Re: lsp 64 bit.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, »
I had posted the same exact thing over there, since last year the 32 bit worked better for me.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, »
are you running 64 now?

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had posted the same exact thing over there, since last year the 32 bit worked better for me.

George,

I remember you posted that you use the 32 bit but my bad, my old brain does a post about displaying 64 bit and have asked the developers for an answer as to why the installed 32 bit version is showing 64 bit. Perhaps it is showing the machine spec rather than the LSP version installed. I will post an answer as soon as I get it.

N8huntsman I believe is running LSP 64 bit with little or no issues.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, »
Mine is a 64 bit machine, and I installed the 64 bit version of LSP, mine also say's 64 Bit at the top of the screen.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, »
I received an answer from Ken, the developer. As I suspected it displays 64 because it is a 64 bit machine. 32 bit machines will display 32 bit.

Jack, I asked Ken to send you a Pm so you can get with him.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline jonathan_eisert

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, »
Is there any difference in the 32 bit compared to the 64 bit?  The reason I ask is I'm running the 64 bit version and have had issues running my renard boards. I'm wondering if it would be better to run 32

Offline urthegman

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, »
I haven't had a chance to try out the latest 64-bit scheduler, I only tested whether the sequencer put out shimmer and twinkle(which it did!!!!) If the new scheduler doesn't work well for me, I would try the new 32-bit one and if that didn't work I would go back to the 32 bit that worked so well for me last year and change every shimmer to twinkle.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, »
The scheduler works ok. The sequencer is what gave me a royal pain. I did notice that while the codecs where downloading, they didn't include mp3 by default. Not sure that matters but I checked it because that's what I use. The sequencer runs much better now.im not sure why.