Author Topic: Audio File Question  (Read 2805 times)

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
Re: Audio File Question
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So ... Halloween is over and I wish I had better news regarding the use of my Conductor.  For some reason, DMX stopped to function were as the audio continued.  I had to stop and restart the program several times during the night.  I did not have this problem running several days using the USB dongle.

The setup:  Conductor to Active Hub to convert Pixlenet to DMX.  From there it goes to MR16#1 then to MR16#2 then to (3) Bobcat Servo Drivers.  Not overly complicated!  MR16's were used to drive LED floods I built along with a couple of DIYC Floods. 

Earlier I had asked what the symptoms might be regarding the audio isolator.  Posts had identified unusual issues with the Conductor, is this something that is a result of not using the isolator board or something else I am missing?  The problem did not appear at the same time in the sequence either.  Sometimes it was 6 min in and others 8 min.

I appreciate your insight on this.

Mark

It might be the audio (can't say either way though), I'm ran a similar set up to yours, Conductor to two 16 port active hubs, out to 24 smart strings, also breaking out 512 channels of DMX from 1st hub to two Express controllers, then out DMX to a Laser and another DMX light fitting. I did add the Audio Mod in my conductor. I ran it from Oct 1st to 31st, no issues, other than one of the DMX Expresses wouldn't light up sometimes if I changed the flash card when the conductor was powered up and then I'd insert the flash card back into the conductor. All I did to get round this, was to always power down the expresses and conductor, then remove the flash card, then re-insert the card after editing and then power them up again. As long as I followed that process, it ran like a champ.

Thanks Pete - I will have to set it back up and test using your methods.  I also noticed that at one point the jaws got WAY out of sync with the audio.  I will add the isolator and test again.  Freaky !!!
- Mark

Offline keitha43

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, »
That was a symptom of needing the audio isolator. Black box transmitters seemed to have this problem. I haven't seen it with edm transmitters. It may be because black box transmitters have so much power.

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, »
That was a symptom of needing the audio isolator. Black box transmitters seemed to have this problem. I haven't seen it with edm transmitters. It may be because black box transmitters have so much power.

I have one of those Powerful Black Box transmitters. It's this one here, and it worked just fine with the Conductor with the audio mod.