Author Topic: Aether II not working with new sequence  (Read 3829 times)

Offline salongaopm

Aether II not working with new sequence
« on: October 29, 2013, »
Aether II is not working/responding/no light output to new sequence. Older sequences works ok.  I am using vixen 2.1 .

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Aether II not working with new sequence
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, »
Need a little more information. Are all of the sequences built with Vixen? It sounds like an output setting to me, but I do not use Vixen at all. I am sure that other members will chime in here.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, »
all sequences are made with vixen.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, »
I even tried editing some old sequences but the aether is not reflecting the changes I made.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, »
I am using aetherdongle, ss hub and Wireless(TX/RX)Ver 2

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, »
You need to make sure that the Aether is responding to the channels that you think that it is.  Remember that the Aether II is a 4 channel device.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, »
I have several sequences that are using the same profile as the new one and the older sequences are all working fine. Although, any changes I made to the old sequences does not work or is not outputting to aether.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, »
Then obviously, something is different.  If the Aether is working on the old unmodified sequences, then the Aether is not the problem.  The problem lies in the configuration of Vixen.  It appears to have changed the physical channel numbers assigned to the Aether and when you are modifying the old sequences, it is assigning these new channel numbers to the sequence file for the Aether which are not the channels the Aether was set up to work with.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, »
how do I fix it then?

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, »
 I found the channels where aether is assigned in new sequences. they somehow been assigned to channels 193 upwards instead of 73 up. how do I fix this problem?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, »
I don't know enough about Vixen to give you a solid answer here.  I would suggest that you post this problem in the Vixen Forum where people with more experience with it can help you.

Offline meman

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I found the channels where aether is assigned in new sequences. they somehow been assigned to channels 193 upwards instead of 73 up. how do I fix this problem?
I always build a common profile containing the channel names, channel colors, output order, output plugins, etc. then attach all my sequences to it. I'm guessing you do the same.
First open Vixen and click the F1 key to bring up the help menu. Expand the folder called "Beyond Getting Started" and click Channel Outputs to read about this feature and tips on how to move multiple channels at once.

Then along the top menu bar in Vixen, click on profiles ->manage. In the list box, double click the profile you are using and a dialog box with some familiar looking channels should appear. There are three little icons along the upper left side of the list. Click on the top one and the "channel output mapping" screen will pop up. scroll way down to channel 193 and begin moving your channels up to the correct spot.

Good Luck,
Mike E.

Offline salongaopm

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, »

First open Vixen and click the F1 key to bring up the help menu. Expand the folder called "Beyond Getting Started" and click Channel Outputs to read about this feature and tips on how to move multiple channels at once.

It gives me this message after clicking "Channel Outputs" :  Navigation to the webpage was canceled   What you can try:    Retype the address.

Offline meman

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2013, »
Tried to upload a printout of the help files, but it looks like the web server is full...the DLA admins will have to purge it. If you send me an email to mikee[at]mejeme.com, I will reply with help files.

Mike E.