Author Topic: How do you play a sequence in Vixen+  (Read 3730 times)

Offline arw01

How do you play a sequence in Vixen+
« on: October 30, 2013, »
How do you play a sequence in Vixen+, I could not find a play button, or a color button.  Trying to turn on a DSC in different colors etc, cannot figure out how to do that in Vixen+ at all.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: How do you play a sequence in Vixen+
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, »
You may not be able to play them back in Vixen plus as some output plugins are not available yet.  The author suggests that you create sequences in V+ and then play them back in Vixen 2.1 as V+ is still consideree beta.  For testing you might want to use xlights.  That is what most of us do.  It has excellent test tools.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, »
Ok, won't be working in Vixen+ this year either.

Looks like I will be learning xlights like a pro in the next few weeks.

I did figure out my issue with doing a test of a DSC in the xlights test tab.  I was only choosing channel 513, when I really needed to choose 513,514,515 as the DSC uses three pixelnet channels.  Perhaps everyone else knew that from someplace that I never read, no hints on the wiki so I better figure out how to edit that and shorten some others learning curves.

Alan

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, »
I added info to the Function and Use page for the DSC

To setup software sequencing set as one node that uses 3 channels. When testing make sure all three channels are on.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I hope that makes some sense.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, »
Thank you, can you toss this ad-libbed bit in there.

Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The DSC is setup using the same SSC Utility we use for the Smart String Controllers. You just need to set up your controller com port, and choose the starting channel.  The SSC setup utility will assign the DSC that channel and the next two in sequence for a total of three channels.

When using software to check the lights, dsc, etc.  Make sure to mark all three consecutive channels in the test to get all three colors, as only using one channel will get you the respective Red Green or Blue only.

To setup software sequencing set as one node that uses 3 channels. When testing make sure all three channels are on.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, »
ok I added the above text.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required