Author Topic: Waterproof question  (Read 1048 times)

Offline bassmants

Waterproof question
« on: October 31, 2013, »
Are all of the node types listed on the wiki waterproof?  I see the pixel strings and flexstrips say they are, but how about square nodes, rectangle etc.?

Thanks all...

Offline oj70chevy

Re: Waterproof question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, »
the square nodes say = waterproof by silicon coating,3pcs SMD RGB 5050,1pcs.
Ans the rectangle say = waterproof by silicon coating,3pcs SMD RGB 5050,1pcs TM1804IC,256 gray level,DC12V
30cm of just 20 AWG lead wire no connectors
Thanks
Ralph

Offline bassmants

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, »
Does that mean they already have it or it is required.  Anybody that have these have any input.  Thanks.

Offline oj70chevy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, »
I have ordered about 200 of the rectangle and they are water proof.
Thanks
Ralph

Offline bassmants

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, »
cool...

Offline drlucas

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, »
There are different ratings I think for pixels string vs flexstrips....strings are ip68 and strips are ip66.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2013, »
It cost a bit more, but I asked Ray for a favor and he made all of my gear IP70.

(The ratings don't mean much to me)  <yk..

Personally, I submerged a stand of rectangles in a bucket of water for 2 days and no issues.  Also, last year my flex strips held up fine all season and they are not further encased or anything.  There's definitely a leap of faith using new technology.  I am actually nervous since this will be the first time I've used pixels...  Honestly, I think SS gear is light years ahead of incans and well built.

To answer your question directly, the modules are encapsulated with epoxy resin.  I ran 200 modules last year and adding another 400 or so (if my order gets here  ;D)  I prefer the look of the 5050 leds but I am being forced to nodes for live trees. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."