Author Topic: Running Smart Strings along side Lynx DMX controllers  (Read 3198 times)

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Re: Running Smart Strings along side Lynx DMX controllers
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am using the rigid strips for my sign (horizontal Matrix). I am very happy with the outcome.  I had to wait two years to implement, because configuring three sets of four rows in a horizontal position is very time consuming. Well right up until xlights and Nutcracker joined forces...now it is easy.  It use to take me 50 hours to configure my scrolling tune to sign and now it is less than a few minutes to build it complete and export back to Vixen. I do have one bad node I will be fixing, but it is real nice.

If you don't mind me asking, how many strips are you using?  I know that they are 1 meter long (which does seem like it would make for a pretty long sign), but the strips are pretty thin.

Also, do you have a picture or video of your sign?  I'd be interested in seeing it in action.

Thanks.

Jason
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, »
Jason, I replied to you PM also.  I am using 12 strips in a horizontal matrix.  I use 3 SSCs to control each set of zig zags. Xlights does a great job of controlling this matrix.  Last year I with Vixen I spent close to 20 hours just to sequence tune to in red only.  I can do anything now in less than 20 seconds and in any color.  It takes me a couple of minutes to export it to Vixen.  I am having a blast with this matrix.  I even sequenced certain words during the Mr. Grinch song. I wish it were 16 strips and next year I think it will be that large.  I placed my strips the same distance as the nodes in a true grid pattern.  I tried others, but liked this the best.

Kevin

Offline arw01

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, »
Any pictures Kevin?  And maybe a close up of a part number.  This might be on next years projects as well.

thank you
ALan

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2013, »
Here are a couple of still pictures and a link to Vimeo of the text I sent to Jason.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, by onesmoothhead »