Author Topic: Audio File Question  (Read 2797 times)

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
Audio File Question
« on: October 31, 2013, »
Just getting a chance to play with my conductor and was loading the files to the CF card and noticed it is requiring the MP3 file for the audio.  In reading the WIKI, it states that the audio needs to be OGG which I have already converted, and it says there is no need to use the OGG in the sequence, the conductor knows the difference.  Am I taking this the correct way or do I indeed need to change the audio file used in the sequence to OGG?

I have put everything on the card and connected to it successfully.  It is saying that it is waiting.  I thought you were able to manually play a show from this window.  Each time I try this to test, it goes back to waiting.

Thanks in advance for your help.
- Mark

Offline dcwehw99

• Beta Tester
Re: Audio File Question
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, »
It sounds like you're close to success.  For you to be able to manually play a show you must have not only the sequence and audio files (*.seq & *.ogg) but also created a show file (*.sho), a password file (password.dat) and a schedule file (*.sch) with the Conductor Program and placed on the CF card.

Denny

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, »
Correct - They are all there.  See attachment.  I have the show listed in the Available Shows on Card section but when I try to play it, the conductor shows Not Connected then Waiting but nothing happens!

In the interim, I also changed the sequence to accommodate the OGG format and reconverted.  In the log it identified that it was looking for the OGG audio file.  But still no play.

- Mark

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, »
I can see where you need a show and password file but why do you need a schedule to run shows manually?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Correct - They are all there.  See attachment.  I have the show listed in the Available Shows on Card section but when I try to play it, the conductor shows Not Connected then Waiting but nothing happens!

In the interim, I also changed the sequence to accommodate the OGG format and reconverted.  In the log it identified that it was looking for the OGG audio file.  But still no play.

In the control panel, if it says you are not connected, then your PC is not connected to the conductor. If it says you are waiting, then your PC has successfully connected to the conductor and the conductor is waiting to start the show based on the schedule you saved to the Card.

If all the files are correct on the card, you should be able to highlight (click) on the show you want to play, and then click on the play button and it should play all the sequences that are defined for that show you created.

But look at your file lengths, you have some that are longer than is allowed by the conductor. I think they need to be 8 characters or less to work correctly. Try changing the file length to 8 characters or less e.g skel1.seq  and skel1.ogg
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, »
Pete,

I am assuming the rest of your message would tell me that my sequences need to be 8 chars or less as well as the names of the audio files - Correct?
- Mark

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, »
Pete,

I am assuming the rest of your message would tell me that my sequences need to be 8 chars or less as well as the names of the audio files - Correct?

That is correct sir

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, »
Not sure what sequencer you are using, but I use LSP and LSP doesn't support .ogg music files. So in LSP you have to use MP3 files to sequence and then convert them to ogg to load onto the flash card for the conductor. There is a very slight difference in timing between audio files encoded in the MP3 format and the converted ogg files. It isn't much (about 250 miliseconds), but if you have singers (like I do) and longer/more complex sequences will show the singing out of sync are the end of the song and I had to adjust all the timing marks in LSP to minimize the timing difference.

I'd recommend that if you aren't using LSP and your sequencer supports the ogg format, sequence your songs using the ogg audio format (BTW the conductor in its latest revision, only supports the ogg audio format anyway)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, by peteandvanessa »

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, »
You are Da'Man Pete!!!!  I remembered the 8 character limit but was applying it to the items created by the control panel and not thinking of the other files - Figured if the control panel read it then I was good to go  <fp.

All working now - I am using V+ this year and have made the changes to my sequences to use the OGG files.  I am driving 3-Axis skulls and will check the timing as well.

Thanks again to all for your help  <res.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN  >:D
- Mark

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, »
Glad to hear it's all working. My conductor has run every night since Oct 1st, not a single hiccup or problem. It works like a champ.

Tonight will be the last run before I tear down the lights tomorrow  :(

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, »
I have been doing everything from the PC so this is my first shot! 

One other question while I have you, what symptoms should I be looking for not having had the time to complete the audio isolation board?
- Mark

Offline tbone321

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, »
Some had issues and others didn't.  I think that the worst is you get no audio output.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, »
OK - Not having that issue so fingers crossed!!

Thanks again
- Mark

Offline mkozik1

• Monroe, GA 30655
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, »
So ... Halloween is over and I wish I had better news regarding the use of my Conductor.  For some reason, DMX stopped to function were as the audio continued.  I had to stop and restart the program several times during the night.  I did not have this problem running several days using the USB dongle.

The setup:  Conductor to Active Hub to convert Pixlenet to DMX.  From there it goes to MR16#1 then to MR16#2 then to (3) Bobcat Servo Drivers.  Not overly complicated!  MR16's were used to drive LED floods I built along with a couple of DIYC Floods. 

Earlier I had asked what the symptoms might be regarding the audio isolator.  Posts had identified unusual issues with the Conductor, is this something that is a result of not using the isolator board or something else I am missing?  The problem did not appear at the same time in the sequence either.  Sometimes it was 6 min in and others 8 min.

I appreciate your insight on this.

Mark
- Mark

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, »
So ... Halloween is over and I wish I had better news regarding the use of my Conductor.  For some reason, DMX stopped to function were as the audio continued.  I had to stop and restart the program several times during the night.  I did not have this problem running several days using the USB dongle.

The setup:  Conductor to Active Hub to convert Pixlenet to DMX.  From there it goes to MR16#1 then to MR16#2 then to (3) Bobcat Servo Drivers.  Not overly complicated!  MR16's were used to drive LED floods I built along with a couple of DIYC Floods. 

Earlier I had asked what the symptoms might be regarding the audio isolator.  Posts had identified unusual issues with the Conductor, is this something that is a result of not using the isolator board or something else I am missing?  The problem did not appear at the same time in the sequence either.  Sometimes it was 6 min in and others 8 min.

I appreciate your insight on this.

Mark

It might be the audio (can't say either way though), I'm ran a similar set up to yours, Conductor to two 16 port active hubs, out to 24 smart strings, also breaking out 512 channels of DMX from 1st hub to two Express controllers, then out DMX to a Laser and another DMX light fitting. I did add the Audio Mod in my conductor. I ran it from Oct 1st to 31st, no issues, other than one of the DMX Expresses wouldn't light up sometimes if I changed the flash card when the conductor was powered up and then I'd insert the flash card back into the conductor. All I did to get round this, was to always power down the expresses and conductor, then remove the flash card, then re-insert the card after editing and then power them up again. As long as I followed that process, it ran like a champ.