Author Topic: ** solved ** Having some xlights preview trouble  (Read 1829 times)

Offline arw01

Blew out one SSC, think it touched my helping hands while running a test cycle from xlights.

Made up a second SSC and made sure that one was away from the metal.

Running the different test sequences like chase don't look like the render properly on the flex strip I got from Ray.

I've attached some videos that I shot the wrong orientation, sorry I'm a photographer not a videographer!

First one is 20131031_1-3_chase  this is a 1-3 chase from the test part of xlights.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

second one is curtain effect, that does not work what so ever

and the third is supposed to circles

Some hints on what I may have programmed wrong or do we think it's something else?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, by arw01 »

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Having some xlights preview trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, »
What settings did you use in the Smart String Utility? Did you use hybrid?

I don't have that style of nodes so I am not sure how they respond.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, »
Looks like the kind of thing hybrid would do to you.  I have had hybrid on a lot of stuff in the past since it helped me transistion my old sequences to RGB, but this year when getting ready for Halloween I removed hybrid and everything worked a whole lot better.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, »
What settings did you use in the Smart String Utility? Did you use hybrid?

I don't have that style of nodes so I am not sure how they respond.

Rick R.

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, »
Looks like the kind of thing hybrid would do to you.  I have had hybrid on a lot of stuff in the past since it helped me transistion my old sequences to RGB, but this year when getting ready for Halloween I removed hybrid and everything worked a whole lot better.

When I had trouble with them and went back to programming and had hit that little ? on the side to see what hybrid was, since it indicated it could do DSC and single node I decided to stay away from that and stay just with single nodes until I had it all tested out and understood.

I think I took my node count down to 100 in the end when I figured out that was a large enough number to light the whole string and not use extraneous channels.  Initially, I had choose 50, which only lit a portion of the string.

Alan

Offline arw01

Re: ** solved ** Having some xlights preview trouble
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2013, »
Changing the light type in the SSC programming utility to RIGID STRIP solved the problem completely.

These are the WS2811 Flexible strips from Ray.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2013, »
As far as I know the light does not do anything other than change the color selection order and the new "soon to come" version will not have a light type selection but a color order selection - RGB, GRB, BGR, etc
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2013, »
As far as I know the light does not do anything other than change the color selection order and the new "soon to come" version will not have a light type selection but a color order selection - RGB, GRB, BGR, etc

a much more flexible approach. 

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2013, »
 <fp.

From the video's I posted, sorry again about orientation, I would have to say it's not a color order issue, the middle one just has absolutely nothing for results.  Changing the strip type solved the problem and I've moved onto my next learning curve!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, »
What chip type do these strips have in them?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, »
WS2811, and they work fine once you change the flexible strip type.

I have not found a really nice yellow or orange in the sliders yet.  I may have to crack open photoshop again and write down a little table of rgb values to start playing from.

I also need to figure out an easy wiring way to measure the amp draw on a string with full white to see how long of a DSC string I can, wait for it, wait for it, STRING together.. ha ha got the pun..   <wd..