Author Topic: LSP on Windows 8  (Read 1179 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

LSP on Windows 8
« on: November 02, 2013, »
I am using LSP V2.5 and am wondering if it will run on my new computer with Windows 8.  I sent a question to LSP but haven't gotten an answer. 

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: LSP on Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, »
Yes. n8huntsman posted the question on the lsp forum. there were a few issues  but they were fixed.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, by sirloinofbeef001 »
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, »
Here is my situation.  I was using LSP v2.5 on my old W-XP computer.  I have purchased a new system running W-8.  I have not installed any version of LSP on my new computer.  Do I need to install V2.5 and THEN update with V2.8? Or can I simply download V2.8 on my new system and be good to go.  As I understood it V2.5 was not compatible with W-8.  Please help.  The instructions on the LSP website were not clear.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, »
Just download and install 2.8

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, »
I thought 2.8 was just the SCHEDULAR..

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, »
No the sequencer is also v2.8. However is has not been completely rewritten from the ground up like the scheduler was. That will happen in 2014. So this v2.8 is based on v2.5 with a lot of bug fixes and they will continue fixing bugs that are found for the rest of this year. But the playback engine is more efficient in the new scheduler until the sequencer gets the rewrite and they recommend using it to test live output.