Author Topic: Arches and a chase not working for me  (Read 3618 times)

Offline arw01

Arches and a chase not working for me
« on: November 02, 2013, »
I have finally gotten 4 arches up in the back yard to start to see the sequencing that nutcrack previews and have run into some strange stuff from time to time here.

Tonights adventure I could not solve was setting the 4 arch models as singlestrand and wanting to do a chase across them all.

this is the first arch cell

Code: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
SingleStrand,None,Effect 1,ID_SLIDER_SparkleFrequency=200,ID_SLIDER_Brightness=100,ID_SLIDER_Contrast=0,ID_SLIDER_EffectLayerMix=0,E1_SLIDER_Speed=17,E1_TEXTCTRL_Fadein=0.00,E1_TEXTCTRL_Fadeout=0.00,E1_CHECKBOX_FitToTime=0,E1_SLIDER_Single_Color_Mix1=8,E1_SLIDER_Single_Chase_Spacing1=7,E1_SLIDER_Single_Chase_Speed1=7,E1_CHECKBOX_Single_Group_Arches1=1,E1_CHECKBOX_Single_R_TO_L1=0,E1_SLIDER_Single_Color_Mix2=29,E1_SLIDER_Single_Chase_Spacing2=19,E1_SLIDER_Single_Chase_Speed2=100,E1_CHECKBOX_Single_Group_Arches2=1,E1_CHECKBOX_Single_R_TO_L2=0,E1_BUTTON_Palette1=#FF0000,E1_CHECKBOX_Palette1=1,E1_BUTTON_Palette2=#00FF00,E1_CHECKBOX_Palette2=1,E1_BUTTON_Palette3=#0000FF,E1_CHECKBOX_Palette3=1,E1_BUTTON_Palette4=#FFFF00,E1_CHECKBOX_Palette4=1,E1_BUTTON_Palette5=#FFFFFF,E1_CHECKBOX_Palette5=0,E1_BUTTON_Palette6=#000000,E1_CHECKBOX_Palette6=0,E2_SLIDER_Speed=10,E2_TEXTCTRL_Fadein=0.00,E2_TEXTCTRL_Fadeout=0.00,E2_CHECKBOX_FitToTime=0,E2_BUTTON_Palette1=#FF0000,E2_CHECKBOX_Palette1=1,E2_BUTTON_Palette2=#00FF00,E2_CHECKBOX_Palette2=1,E2_BUTTON_Palette3=#0000FF,E2_CHECKBOX_Palette3=0,E2_BUTTON_Palette4=#FFFF00,E2_CHECKBOX_Palette4=0,E2_BUTTON_Palette5=#FFFFFF,E2_CHECKBOX_Palette5=0,E2_BUTTON_Palette6=#000000,E2_CHECKBOX_Palette6=0
In the preview tab it just to maybe 1 set of pixels and the arches have about the same thing.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Arches and a chase not working for me
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, »
I had that problem until I upgraded to the latest version of nutcracker/xlights and changed my model file.  You have 4 arches defined, I have one.  See below,
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline drlucas

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, »
With the single strand effect it cares about the timing. Make sure you have two or three lines in your sequence and make the arch in the first row start at time 0 then make the second row start at time 10sec and then select the cell where the arch is and hit play from within the nutcracker tab vs the preview screen and see if that does the trick for you
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I had that problem until I upgraded to the latest version of nutcracker/xlights and changed my model file.  You have 4 arches defined, I have one.  See below,

Gee, that was smart of you.  Didn't think of that!  But I will say in my duh moment defense, that I thought group all arches should do the same thing, right?

Thanks for the tip..  I have to go cut my flex strips to fit the 10' pvc, oh I hate to cut things..

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, »
With the single strand effect it cares about the timing. Make sure you have two or three lines in your sequence and make the arch in the first row start at time 0 then make the second row start at time 10sec and then select the cell where the arch is and hit play from within the nutcracker tab vs the preview screen and see if that does the trick for you

Did I set this the way you were telling me aboout?  I fI run the sequence, as soon as single strand comes in, I go to one pixel and the when the next timing mark, the second arch goes to 1 pixel, etc until they all show one static pixel.  Then when the next effect starts they go off working again.  Strange stuff.

Alan

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, »

Gave a grouping and that exibted the same behavior, so I changed to none in the individual arches over time and that stops even the group from working, which i suppose is to be expected.

I am thinking it's a bug, as the string effects after the single strand chase don't come back either.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, »
Did you try it by defining one arch model?  You can leave your originals there just to see if it makes a difference.  I suspect the single strand effects still need some work, remember that the current release is the first time we have had the single strand effect to play with.  We'll have to see what Sean says.  I have been playing with halloween stuff and I do not put arches out for that so I did not try anything specific on arches yet.  Just played some old sequences from last years Christmas show.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, »
just a bump as I never did get this to work at all..

Offline drlucas

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, »
Here is my setup...
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline arw01

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, »
Thank you, could you also post your model screen please so I can see if maybe I configured mine differently?  After that I suppose it's looking at the xml model definition for you arch vs my arch.

Again thanks, back on the trail here.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2013, »
model screen
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2013, »
How many times have you been told in this thread to use one arch model and not multiples?  I think the way you started should work, but the single strand effects still need work and that may be part of the problem.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2013, »
Nothing happens for me when trying to play an effect using the singlestrand.  Works fine using spiral and bars.

I've got my model setup as arches, 6 arches with 42 nodes.  Just get a black screen myself doing the play effect.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2013, »
Nothing happens for me when I hit the play button under "Combined Effect" when setting up a single strand effect.  That button (to me) is like an effect preview button but I have never had it work on a single strand effect.  That being said, however, I can see the effect play if I highlight it in the RGB sequence area and hit the play button under RGB Sequence.  I just stop it when it gets through playing that part of the sequence.

This has been my experience anyway.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2013, »
Nothing happens for me when I hit the play button under "Combined Effect" when setting up a single strand effect.  That button (to me) is like an effect preview button but I have never had it work on a single strand effect.  That being said, however, I can see the effect play if I highlight it in the RGB sequence area and hit the play button under RGB Sequence.  I just stop it when it gets through playing that part of the sequence.

This has been my experience anyway.

Thanks,
-Keith

I just did this, works for me doing that way too.  Thanks for the tip.