Author Topic: LSP setting up a controller and the concept of them  (Read 2326 times)

Offline arw01

So I thought I figured this out on my own, but now confused myself.

I will be running 1 pixelnet universe and reserve the first 512 channels for dmx.

In LSP I create a new pixelnet controller, but it doesn't give me a starting channel, just the universe.

Do specify 1365 logical channels so it converts them to 4096 physical channels or, do I ??

Then how do you add the individual "controllers" like an ssc that does an arch..

I KNOW I KNOW back to watching the videos...

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: LSP setting up a controller and the concept of them
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, »
You don't have to designate the first 512 channels to dmx, just make sure you aren't gonna need them this year or for expansion later. I have the first 224 channels set for dmx and then I put the rest to pixelnet. The way to set up your dmx controller is to pick the type of controller you are using- dmx lynx drag it to the screen and drop it. It will ask if you want to add the controller to the sequence hit yes.then it will ask you the staring address, pick it and hit next.  the controller config box comes next. In the bottom of the box is the controller protocol, scroll thru it and hit pixel et/smartstring. Even all dmx controllers hit the pixelnet/smartstring protocol. Hit ok and repeat the process til you have the desired controllers. With the smart strings, your controller is in the DIY protocol controllers. Repeat the above process. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, by sirloinofbeef001 »
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, »
Use the pixelnet controller device if you are using the usb dongle flashed with pixelnet firmware. Or use the E1.31 controller if using an etherdongle.

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, »
For now I am using a USB pixelnet dongle.  I hooked up to the dongle and was able to turn the DSC strip on and off so one more thing off the list!

Thank you for the assistance, I was playing with the visulizer next to draw out a few things.  Pretty easy to crash LSP playing in the visulizer.

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, »

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For now I am using a USB pixelnet dongle.  I hooked up to the dongle and was able to turn the DSC strip on and off so one more thing off the list!

Thank you for the assistance, I was playing with the visulizer next to draw out a few things.  Pretty easy to crash LSP playing in the visulizer.

LSP is crashing for you in the Visualizer? What are your PC Specs? I'm running an I7 with 8 gigs of RAM on a 64bit system and haven't had a problem.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, »

LSP is crashing for you in the Visualizer? What are your PC Specs? I'm running an I7 with 8 gigs of RAM on a 64bit system and haven't had a problem.
Some ppl have had major issues with more than just the visualizer. I myself for one. I have an I7 3820 3.6GHZ  16 GB ram ssd3 hard drive and it crashed with me. Most likely the codecs are the issues with most. I've gotta say it was a pain getting it right but now, its worth every penny spent.

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2013, »

Just running a windows 7, i7, laptop for playing with a 500gb ssd, and a little light on the ram.  Maybe with black friday will pick up as big a set of chips as will go in a E6530.

I think you could duplicate it.  I drew 4 arches from four different ssc's on the visulizer.  Now try to select one of them after it's drawn and you toss an error on the screen.  Persist at it and don't click abort or one of those and you can blow out completely.

I have taken to drawing a couple of items, saving, saving the sequence and then exiting, re-opening and continuing with other tasks.  I don't mind at the moment as I am totally lost in there still and just happy my wife and I figured out most of the non RGB items that will be on display this year so I can draw some of them in.

Are there things like candy canes and big bulbs to put in there?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2013, »

Some ppl have had major issues with more than just the visualizer. I myself for one. I have an I7 3820 3.6GHZ  16 GB ram ssd3 hard drive and it crashed with me. Most likely the codecs are the issues with most. I've gotta say it was a pain getting it right but now, its worth every penny spent.

+1  High risk, high reward...

Alan, there's definitely an arch bug!  You got it though, it's a one shot deal, draw one correctly, save, next one, etc. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2013, »
Hmmmm. I never had that happen. Can you post it here with screen o matic or other?

Offline arw01

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, »
Can probably take a cell phone video of it if you don't mind a shake or three.

How does one draw a single visualizer set up and then move that to other sequences or make it the default yard layout for the year?

And besides the arches, anyone else have issues with moving objects after you have drawn them?

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2013, »
I have heard of lots of function problems and I have a question? What kind if graphics card are these people using? Let me give you an example. I have been helping my daughter set up this year with dscs and when I downloaded a sequence on her old laptop it works like crap. So I had a laptop built with the best graphics card available and wala no problems .On my computers my graphics cards are at least 500.00 not to tell people to go spend money but never hear about the graphics card. Graphics are a pig and when you are playing your sequence back that is one of the things you are using,as all of the programs we use for blinky flashy. I don't recommend playing with the codecs as they are applied when downloading LSP.it may solve a few problems but it can create more. Some codecs will download and run :what your graphics card can handle as I was told by our it guy. Please understand this is my opinion and I have seen the difference between an on board card and a aftermarket card. Laptop and desktop.check out you card ...it may sound high-tech,but you may be suprized
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, by t.jo13 »

Offline Robert

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2013, »

I have heard of lots of function problems and I have a question? What kind if graphics card are these people using? Let me give you an example. I have been helping my daughter set up this year with discs and when I download a sequence it works like crap. So I had a laptop built with the best graphics card available and wala no problems .On my computers my graphics cards are at least 500.00 not to tell people to go spend money built never hear about that. Graphics are a pig and when you are playing your sequence back that is one of the things you are using,as all of the programs we use for blinky flashy. I don't recommend playing with the codecs as they are applied when downloading LSP.it may solve a few problems but it can create more. Some codecs will download what your graphics card can handle as I was told by our it guy. Please understand this is my opinion and I have seen the difference between an on board card and a aftermarket card. Laptop and desktop.check out you card ...it may sound high-tech,but you may be suprized

Northern

For a graphics card I have a, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M GDDR5 2GB. So far, so good