Author Topic: SSR - Channels 3 and 4 are the same?! (work around implemented!)  (Read 3770 times)

Offline drlucas

Here is the front of my sign. Haven't made it back to the garage yet today to work on this
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline drlucas

100% fixed. It would appear that using the lynx address via my USB dongle flashed with dmx firmware did the trick. Suggest that before the wiki is updated that one other person confirms my finding so that we eliminate any false positives - because with me that's a real possibility and I don't want to say one persons software is/isn't compatible without someone else verifying.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline tbone321

It's not the software, it's the protocol that is not compatible.  DMX is DMX and PixelNet is PixelNet.  The software just sends the correct codes (or so we hope) but it is up to the protocol to get it there and make it understands what is being sent. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Just so anyone knows this. The start channel problem can "talk" to both the usb dongle and etherdongle with either firmware. The problem seems to be the active hub is not handling the code to send out the proper info for programing the boards. I will make a note in the wiki to that fact.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

LOL, I wasn't even thinking about the DMX output from the smart hub.  I would put a note in there as well saying that either device flashed with PixelNet requires some type of DMX conversion because others (like myself) may forget about the hub, especially in you are using a USB dongle flashed with PixelNet because the USB dongle is normally directly connected to the device.  Unless this is an easy and quick fix, I would change the chart to indicate that it doesn't work with PixelNet because currently, it doesn't.  Once the issue is found and fixed, it is easy enough to change it back and add any notes for possible acceptions.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving