Author Topic: Help with Adjustable Preview (Vixen 2.1.1.0)  (Read 1711 times)

Offline ploboyfrias

Help with Adjustable Preview (Vixen 2.1.1.0)
« on: November 06, 2013, »
When I open a sequence in vixen and press play, everything works fine. The adjustable preview comes up :D

So I STOP (not pause) the sequence, which makes the adjustable preview window disappear altogether.
I do this because if I want to edit my sequence, I do not see the changes i made being portrayed in the adjustable preview.

Anyway, whenever the preview window disappears, I do not know how to get it back!
I press play again and the preview window doesnt appear at all.

But then after pressing stop, pause, play, loop sequence, play, stop etc... it will randomly start playing the adjustable preview once I hit play.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong??

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Re: Help with Adjustable Preview (Vixen 2.1.1.0)
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, »
I think it is collapsing the window.  I usually find it down in the corner. I actually turn off the adjust preview and make a changes and adjustments to a single element at a time  and then go and turn it back on and check my work. I found that works best for me.

Offline ploboyfrias

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think it is collapsing the window.  I usually find it down in the corner. I actually turn off the adjust preview and make a changes and adjustments to a single element at a time  and then go and turn it back on and check my work. I found that works best for me.
I know that the preview minimizes down in the corner. But when I press stop the minimized window disappears as well.
What I usually do when I make a change is save, then close the sequence and then open it back up to see those changes.
I just thought there was a faster and easier way of seeing changes youve made tho.

Thanks for the reply!

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, »
I don't think there is a way.  I have been using Vixen for 4 years and now am well versed and can build my sequences first and then use the preview at the end to fine tune. There are many differant ways of sequencing. but I do not think there is a way to control preview in a better way.

Kevin

sjb

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, »
Are you using the standard adjustable preview plug in or have you added the one that you can download from the website. I am using the one that you download and it works fine for myself. I am also using Vixen 2.5 so not sure if that makes a difference.

Offline ploboyfrias

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Are you using the standard adjustable preview plug in or have you added the one that you can download from the website. I am using the one that you download and it works fine for myself. I am also using Vixen 2.5 so not sure if that makes a difference.
I tried downloading the adjustablepreview.dll file from the vixen site.
It has the same result. I think the only addition it mentions is the ability to change pixel resolution.
Although, I could already do that before I downloaded the new file.

Also, where would I download vixen 2.5??

Thanks for the suggestion :)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, by ploboyfrias »

Offline ploboyfrias

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, »
I'm doing some sequencing right now and I'm using the function keys (f5 to 58) instead of the on screen buttons to play, pause and stop.
Now it seems like it works a lot more often than using my mouse.

Now if I play it (f5), the preview comes up. Then i press stop (f8) and it goes away. i edit my sequence. then press play again and
the preview will come up again and will display the changes i made too.

Why does this not ever happen when I use my mouse instead???
Also, even with the function keys it doesnt happen 100% of the time.

Either my program is buggy or im just missing something lol