Author Topic: Preview Issue: Light Elf conversion from LSP  (Read 744 times)

Offline SCUBA

Preview Issue: Light Elf conversion from LSP
« on: November 07, 2013, »
I'm having a preview issue: Several of my files don't play properly.  I converted 12 LSP sequences into Xlights files; using Light Elf and several were also converted using LSP export to seq then seq to Xseq in Xlights.

About half the files don't play properly, in that, the preview display misses several of the features lighting commands from time to time or are partially lit.

I don't know if its the conversion process or a preview issue.  I've attached an LSP file and the light Elf converted Xlights file, also I've included the Xlights_network.xlm file & model file.

BTW: is there a APP that I can use to look at Xseq files?

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
Re: Preview Issue: Light Elf conversion from LSP
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, »
John,

This is most likely going to be a conversion issue.  xLights is looking purely at what value is stored for a given channel in a given interval and displaying that in the preview.  If the data is there it will be displayed. If it is not there it will not be.

To narrow in on this I would recommend trying to reduce this to the minimum. Try and remove all the channels from a sequence except those that are showing the bad behavior.

Then run this new reduced sequnce through the conversion process and see what the results are.

From there I can look at the LSP file and xLights and see what might be going on there.  For a LSP->seq->xseq process though the issue will be in the LSP->seq side of things which only the Minleon guys could look at.

Frank

Offline SCUBA

Re: Preview Issue: Light Elf conversion from LSP
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, »
Frank

Good idea:Ill work on providing representative SHORT files that demonstrate the issue...I've a 2 hour flight in front of me... unfortunately one of the 'best files' will have that Mega MagaTree controller!

Thanks for the help!!