Author Topic: Test function(s) not working for me  (Read 1024 times)

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
Test function(s) not working for me
« on: November 07, 2013, »
I have my etherdongle with conductor set up to run my show and don't want to mess with it by flashing back to ED firmware and I don't want to reflash the SS controllers with the test firmware and have to flash them back.  I just want to test my SS lights on my display.  I have a USB dongle flashed with Pixelnet firmware that I should be able to use for this, but nothing is happening.  My megatree is the first 4080 channels.  The rest of my display starts at channel 4097 so I have 2 universes that are conveniently segregated.  My setup in xlights looks like the attached.

Since I am only trying to test the channels above 4096 right now, I have a "dummy" network using E1.31 for the first 4096 and then I have my USB dongle configured for the next 2300.  I have my hub set to universe 2 (also tried switching it to universe 1 BTW), but no lights come on with either setting.  When I test, the green light on the dongle begins flashing like it is receiving something, but no lights in the display flash.  My test configuration is shown in the other attachment.  Can anyone (or everyone) see where i have gone wrong?  Also, I did verify that the dongle was in fact using COM4.  This is the same gear and settings as I used in my show last year, just want to make sure it all works before I put stuff up.

TIA,
-Keith

Offline Justtazz

Re: Test function(s) not working for me
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, »
just a thought in the attached pic of the test in xlights you have the function as off,  did you change that?
Justin
Aurora, Co

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, »
I'm looking for an answer to this as well, although now that Halloween is over I have my spare ETD available (it was running the Halloween show).  I'm just prepared to run using the conductor yet, but I'm learning.  When I went to work on some Christmas stuff while the ETD was tied up I could not get my USB dongle to work either.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
just a thought in the attached pic of the test in xlights you have the function as off,  did you change that?

Yes, I usually set it to "A-B-C".  I just forgot to change it before the screen shot.  Good catch.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, »

Yes, I usually set it to "A-B-C".  I just forgot to change it before the screen shot.  Good catch.

Thanks,
-Keith

i only have etherdongle so have never tried a usb dongle. the test parts have always worked for me with my hardware.
1 etd, 3 active hubs.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login