Author Topic: RGB chases  (Read 9781 times)

Offline arw01

Re: RGB chases
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, »
Never mind.  Pebkac.

I did not span the arch across the channels when I drew it! 

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Offline zwiller

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pebkac.

Had to google that. 

<la..
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, »
Anyone having success with applying a blend across a chase.  Not working for me ???

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2013, »
Not yet, but I spent a couple of hours after picking up the kid from the football game bus ride at 2:00am learning about the sonofx tool..

Is there a way to paste down channels without either doing the WHOLE controller or doing them individually and then having to choose the timing mark snap or from clipboard?

I was playing with the 2001 space odyssey (did not realize it's 10 minutes, so need to whack that song in audacity to the piece I wanted) and thought it would be nice in the initial tada to have the whole house ramp up and down with the waveform.  I am thinking it will do that WITHIN a timing cell so I set one for a few seconds.  Hard to tell on the screen, need to hook up and look at real lights to see if it is doing what I think it is supposed to be doing.

e.,g.

if you had a 5 second cell and the sound went up and down in that cells timing, that the intensity of the lights would fade up and down as well based on what you control dragged in the sonogram as the bottom and top levels of amplitude.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2013, »
Never used sonofx/amplitude.  Tried it and it seems more complex than need be.  LSP info: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Nice shorter version of 2001: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Robert

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2013, »
Anyone having success with applying a blend across a chase.  Not working for me ???

No problems here. Both,Span Clipboard effects and span entire chase work fine. One thing I do notice is, picking the colors for the blend can be a PITA. Sometimes its a normal double click on the RGB Blend Picker, other times it takes 3 or 4 clicks within a sweet spot, to get to the Color picker.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2013, »
You're running 64bit 2.8 right?  I am 32bit 2.5.  I tried it a ton of different ways, no dice.  Not the end of the world...

Offline arw01

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2013, »
Never used sonofx/amplitude.  Tried it and it seems more complex than need be.  LSP info: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Nice shorter version of 2001: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Thank for both, my screen definitely did not look like that help file when I was done!

Offline Robert

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2013, »

You're running 64bit 2.8 right?  I am 32bit 2.5.  I tried it a ton of different ways, no dice.  Not the end of the world...

Yeah, I'm running 64bit with 2.8. I don't recall a problem when I was running 2.5 32bit. Can't say for certain though:)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2013, »

Sam what steps are you using? It should give you a choice at the top of the last pop up box to blend. Then you can select your blend colors. Make sense? ..
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline zwiller

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, »
99% sure I am doing everything right it is just not blending.  It just changes the color of the whole chase to the color it should be blending... 

Here's what I am doing: copy cell (ramp down), hit chaser, hold shift key, click and drag to end, hit OK linear chase, check apply blend (span over entire chase) and OK. 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2013, »
That darn 1%...  Thanks to Alan (arw01) it was ebkac...  I thought the popup window was for the color to be blended with the color I had copied the cells from to be chased, but it IS the blend.  For what I was trying to do (red to green) I need to generate a color blend prior to doing the chase so it is in the recent blends.  That it easier than it sounds.  I had to pick 3 cells, make one red, and one farther away, green.  Add on effect with auto blend for the cell in between.  Then copied that cell, right clicked copy and pasted to another cell and it is now in my history.  Is there anyway to do red to green blend from within the popup? 

THANKS ALAN!   <res.

Offline arw01

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2013, »
maybe the video on the macro chase and the fill command will answer that one, certainly opens some powerful stuff.

My space odyssey is driving me nuts...

Now my visualizer is not working properly with the arches...  sheesh...  Works fine if I turn off visualizer and watch the channel headers..  wonder what it will output, have to go hook up shortly and see.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2013, »
I swear David has every rgb blend known to mankind in the recent blend list during that video...  I decided to add a few favorites to my own and I am off to the races. 

Offline arw01

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, »
I am broke down at the garage  :(  Not sure if the demonstration version of 2.5 will even output to the dongle to output to the lights, I got nothing tonight when I finally was going to try a couple of things and see how they looked on the arches.

Posted a message over there to find out what the limitations are in 2.5.  In 2.8 you would get no outputs at all, I had thought 2.5 was good for 30 day so you could really give it a test driver before you plunk down $250.00!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, by arw01 »