Author Topic: RGB chases  (Read 9783 times)

Offline caretaker

Re: RGB chases
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2013, »
Th good news is that you can use FrankR's Light Elf utility to convert your sequences to Xlight format then use Xlights to play them (or for that matter to test the lights period) Even with the new scheduler from LSP I will most likely be using Xlights to play my show.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am broke down at the garage  :(  Not sure if the demonstration version of 2.5 will even output to the dongle to output to the lights, I got nothing tonight when I finally was going to tray a couple of things and see how they looked on the arches.

Posted a message over there to find out what the limitations are in 2.5.  In 2.8 you would get no outputs at all, I had thought 2.5 was good for 30 day so you could really give it a test driver before you plunk down $250.00!
Jeff Squires

Offline zwiller

« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2013, »
I am broke down at the garage  :(  Not sure if the demonstration version of 2.5 will even output to the dongle to output to the lights, I got nothing tonight when I finally was going to tray a couple of things and see how they looked on the arches.

Posted a message over there to find out what the limitations are in 2.5.  In 2.8 you would get no outputs at all, I had thought 2.5 was good for 30 day so you could really give it a test driver before you plunk down $250.00!

So 30 seconds for LSP demo I see.  Controller is setup for pixelnet and dongle flashed to same?

Whatever bad juju you are dealing with rubbed off from our web session, my visualizer crashed this am...   ;D 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2013, »

+1 on that method, with a little posting help last night and some determination I was able to get a light elf translation over into xlights sequence player and get some light output from the sequence Zwiller helped me with.  So onwards and upwards!

Offline arw01

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2013, »

So 30 seconds for LSP demo I see.  Controller is setup for pixelnet and dongle flashed to same?

I am told the key is to actually SELECT those 30 second pieces and then it should output, will try that this evening and see.  However, even their testing dialog would not turn on the lights.  I switched over to xlights and on they come, so it's something sort of limitation on their side.  Posted on LSP to get some clarification.  Being on 2.5 in demo mode they do not encrypt the sequence file, so I was able to bring it to xlights via light elf to see at least a tiny portion.

Whatever bad juju you are dealing with rubbed off from our web session, my visualizer crashed this am...   ;D

No bad juju here, I even fixed my weird output on the visualizer on the my arches.  I did not notice that when you draw them, the latest releases show the span channels dialog for ALL the controllers, and I was seeing channel 1 to channel 30 and thinking I am good to go, well that was channel 1 on controller 1 and channel 30 on controller 4 or who knows which of many controllers!

Used the right click clear channel images and redrew them and wow, it works as expected.

pebkac!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2013, »
  Is there anyway to do red to green blend from within the popup? 

Yes Sam. When you select blend and the color chart comes up, use the color palette from one side or the other and you should be good to go. I am at work or I would do a quick video to show you what I mean. From the picture that I posted earlier select blend then make what ever blend you want. If the blend is all one color that is what you will get. I am sure that I am not making sense here as I am HORRIBLE at explaining myself!  :-[

Offline zwiller

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2013, »
Made sense to me and and it works!  THANKS ROGER.  So clicking in the left of the color band and I can choose start color, clicking at the right chooses end, and middle reverses things...  Cool.  Wow, that popup named color picker has a ton of options that I have no idea how to use, BUT in time.   ;D

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2013, »
Made sense to me and and it works!  THANKS ROGER.  So clicking in the left of the color band and I can choose start color, clicking at the right chooses end, and middle reverses things...  Cool.  Wow, that popup named color picker has a ton of options that I have no idea how to use, BUT in time.   ;D

Glad it worked for you!

Offline arw01

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2013, »
And I learned to bring a chase down a set of cells you HAVE to put something into the first cell and copy it.

so I put a ramp up into the first cell of these two and then was able to do the shift-drag down the two wide cells 30 channels long and now I get a very fast leap on a single arch...  That took a while, and the help of a session, from Mike on the LSP board, but thought I would share over here too.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2013, »
Is there a way to do a chase on a single collapsed controller besides a macro?  Doing the chase over an open controller is a pain since my screen sometimes doesn't want to scroll down since the full controller I can't see the entire thing on the screen.

Offline arw01

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2013, »
I am having the same issue, must be on LSP 2.5?  Worked better on 2.8, but that introduces other issues with my demonstration time.

You can hold down the shift key and then use the down arrow on the keyboard to scroll down, it's a bit of a pain but does work.  If you have a scroll wheel on the mouse, it might work too, have not tried that yet.

Alan

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, »
I'm on 2.8.  The scrolling has always been a pain for me (2.0,2.5,2.8).  Ug oh well.  Now I can't get the chase to even work across like it did before, just keeps on cell on right in the middle.  Time to step away before my screen has a fist through it.

Offline arw01

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, »
been there lately, two steps forward, 3 steps back for sure!

Although it should make no difference I found using the off to clear out everything in cell range and then cleaning out all the stray 20 timing marks in there helped with some really weird stuff.

Last night I could not get a chase to draw in a macro, today it's a little weird looking, but I left them and will see what it looks like on the arch in real time.  They should have another drop of fixes this week or maybe next week.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, »
I just wish they would have done the sequencer first, can't run a sequence in the new scheduler if you can't make one :)

Oh well, back to the grind tonight.  4 done and hopefully I can get 2 or 3 more done.  I may create and just do a couple nutcracker ones.

Offline arw01

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, »
I might make a nutcracker of blue christmas or something with the oawoo oawoo oawoo with some sort of surge up and down I don't know, not much going on in that song, of course only along the blue!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, »
Although I think scrolling when chasing over lots of channels is a bit challenging, it sure beats programming old school.  I have found creating controllers for each element and assigning the controllers to layers helps alot.   At first I thought of layers as primarily for transitions but now have come to use them to keep my sanity when looking at a grid.  IE -layer for arches, layer for minis, layer for house outline, layer for window frames, etc.  With learning chaser I am really using it alot and it is a huuge timesaver and I trying some crazy stuff.