Author Topic: RGB chases  (Read 9782 times)

Offline arw01

Re: RGB chases
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, »
Yes, when the layers work and the macros work, it's fabulous.  Had a good day and no noxious bugs today to mess up all the work!  I do notice you have to just close that program every once in a while and just re-open or it get's wonky and stalls for a long period of time more than my patience to wait it out!

Ideally I would like to see some video of sequences running and seeing the track play with the macros and effects shown that did what when and where, be a good way to learn.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2013, »
I am really getting comfortable with chase now and am pleased to offer some updates.  First off, maybe you guys put this one together already but you do NOT need to copy a pattern each time to use chase.  Just get your pattern in your clipboard then with chase effect selected hold your shift down and select your area... 

Secondly, I AM PLEASED TO REPORT that you totally can chase up AND down a collapsed controller!  With the pattern in your clipboard select and drag over the collapsed controller.  Aim ever so slightly up and it is an up chase and vice versa...  I am chasing tons of stuff now!!!  Some advice (and another point).  Say you have 120 channels of flex.  No need to chase each channel.  Create a pattern over 3 channels, copy into clipboard, and your off to the races.  Much faster and better looking too.

Hope this helps, especially George and his kung fu grip!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2013, »
Thanks, my kung-fu grip is getting stronger as I have now moved on to the physical set up of the display, been working my screw gun overtime and already built the 8 x 16' platform for the nativity and have most of the plywood up for the walls of my garage "diarama".

Offline arw01

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am really getting comfortable with chase now and am pleased to offer some updates.  Create a pattern over 3 channels, copy into clipboard, and your off to the races.  Much faster and better looking too.

Hope this helps, especially George and his kung fu grip!

Pics please, I have lsp brain fuzz!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, »
George,
You are truly holiday hardcore.  I understand you retired the rotating sleigh? 

Pics attached.  First pic is how I chase 120 channels.  Groups of 3 channel ramp down effects in clipboard (ctrl+c) and drag to end.  With the 3 channels in clipboard you can now just chase collapsed controller as in 2nd pic.   

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2013, »
Ok so you draw three ramps, or you do a 3 channel chase first, so ramp in first one and then you shift drag that for 3 channels?

Then you put that into the clipboard with Ctrl-C, and then you do a shift drag of all the channels on that particular controller?

Then you can just shift drag over a few cells in the collapsed controller and it does a chase down all the channels as far over as you tell it with the shift drag?

I made my chases with a macro.  i just drag it onto the layer with all the controllers I want, expand it to the size I want and done.  if I want to change the color etc, I just right click the macro and make a new gradient (if you change a named gradient it changes in EVERYTHING as they are referenced from the library of gradients by name)

If I want to move it a tenth of second, i just resize it and done.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2013, »
Just draw 3 ramps and copy into clipboard, then shift drag to all the channels, or over a collapsed controller even.   

Right clicking in the macro sounds interesting.  Might need to try that.  Moving macros does not work well on 2.5... 

Offline urthegman

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2013, »
George,
You are truly holiday hardcore.  I understand you retired the rotating sleigh? 

Pics attached.  First pic is how I chase 120 channels.  Groups of 3 channel ramp down effects in clipboard (ctrl+c) and drag to end.  With the 3 channels in clipboard you can now just chase collapsed controller as in 2nd pic.
Nope, REBUILT IT!!!!! <fp. <fp. <fp. Don't know how I am going to do it, but I plan on adding some kind of leaping arch across my block. Thinking of running a strong wire from tree to tree and hanging reindeer from that wire? Wish me luck!!!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2013, »
Wish me luck!!!

Good Luck!!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2013, »
I guess it is go big or go home.  Best of luck to you George! 

Offline arw01

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2013, »
Someone have a screen print or a little segment that they could show how to do a simple alternating chase over 150 channels?  Say like we do in nutcracker when we do single strand chase.  I have long sections of a song that I want to put a blue white chase across the gutters and I'm not getting what I want with color slider or sparkle etc.

Alan

Offline zwiller

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2013, »
I am forced to old school cut and paste.  While I don't have George's kung fu grip I do have the technique refined from years of vixen experience.  In one interval create 4 - 5 node on effects blue, white, blue, white.  Copy the area, select cell of next interval and past SELECTING "flip vertically".  Copy the new area.  Paste 3 more sections.  Select this area and paste to end of channel count. (use mouse wheel to go down the channels).  Copy the entire controller length area using kung fu.  Rinse, lather, and repeat.  I can do this much faster than generating a macro or transition.  Some thoughts about this.  ALL my elements are divisible by 4 so the above technique works well.  For odd channel counts you may have some channel ends that will need to be manually filled OR use a 3 part pattern  Cool part is with a beat track in place the pattern is time aligned.  Now say you want 2 chases per beat (tambourine shake).  I manually add an interval halfway of the first and last interval of section.  Select and insert multiple intervals of appropriate area.  Then the cut and paste dance. 

Offline arw01

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2013, »
I was afraid of that.. :o

Maybe next year I will get my beat tracks down better, This year not so much, the sequence, export, play, re-sequence, export, play wore me out, and I did not even put the conductor in the mix with the CF cards!

Alan

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2013, »
I posted this before, but here is a quick video on using layers and transitions.  Hopefully this helps others.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2013, »
I posted this before, but here is a quick video on using layers and transitions.  Hopefully this helps others.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Great video, mind if I post it in the LSP virtual Classroom?
Thanks
Mike