Author Topic: if your visulizer drawn stuff get's corrupted  (Read 859 times)

Offline arw01

if your visulizer drawn stuff get's corrupted
« on: November 08, 2013, »
There is an xml file in the setting directory that I think you could edit to remove a few items and zero in on what broke it.  Going to try that myself and see if I can fix the flashing blocks I get in mine all of a sudden.  It is nice more programs use xml to store their data.

Offline mitch09

Re: if your visulizer drawn stuff get's corrupted
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, »
I get the flashing blocks at the every time when the virtualizer begins. Let us know if you find out how to fix it.

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, »
Well the xml I was looking at was the file for the whole set of all elements so that won't work.

But I solved my problem by going into the backup and picking one from a couple days back and I'm no longer having the flashing issue.

Offline galex2

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, »
I agree the back up seems to be the only answer.  I've had this and a lot of other weird things happen like the preview player all of a sudden won't play.  I've saved the file, closed LSP and the same thing so I have to go back to a backup file or two and it's OK.  The problem is if you've made recent changes they are all lost.  I've gotten into the habit of using the rule "save early, save often" so I don't loose too much progress if something happens, because every time you save it makes a backup .  You just need to remember to go into your sequence folder and clean up the old backups every now and then so things don't get too crowded.  I wonder if LSP2.8 is better as far as bugs are concerned.  I'm not planning on upgrading until after this years season.  Just wondering if anyone with 2.8 has seen much improvement.

Gene

Offline arw01

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, »
Talking to Mike in their user support (he does not work for them), his inclination was RUN to get off 2.5, they had not fixed everything on 2.8, but it was ooddles better to work from.

He also shared that clearing just the PHOTO gets rid of the flashing in the visualizer and it's a bug still in 2.8, but you can clear that by going into configuration and hitting clear in the load photo screen and said that makes it go away, but leaves your models intact.  You might try that from time to time.

I have less issue with that than I did, and I am trying to clean up extra timing marks whenever I find them as well as just a general rule.