Author Topic: Need a color chase for individual strings  (Read 2281 times)

Offline lrhorer

Need a color chase for individual strings
« on: February 13, 2015, »
I am trying out Vixen 3.1u2, but I have hit a little snag.  I'm not sure if a chaser is actually the effect I want, but it is appropriate in other sequencers, and seems like it should be right, here.  I have tried using a chaser as well as several other candidate effects, but I can't get any of them to work.  I have five different groups defined in the display, and each group has five individual single color light strings (red, green, blue, purple, pink) defined in the group and patched to 1 DMX port each.  I also have an RBG LED string defined as as single element, of course tied to 3 DMX channels.  What I want to do is have all the strings chase in unison: All the reds, then all the greens, then all the blues, etc.  Preferably this would be a single effect spanning at least all 5 string groups, although a separate effect for each group would not be too bad.  I definitely don't want to have to create 30 different pulse effects and splay them across the timeline.

How would I accomplish the same effect (i.e. the same color chase) on the RGB tape?  Can it be included in the same chaser?

Finally, I also have a 4 channel RGB DMX strobe.  The first channel controls the strobe rate (128 - 255) or the intensity (0 - 127) of the lamp, while the second, third, and fourth channel controls the intensity of each individual color.  How do I get a chaser to do the same thing for the strobe as the RGB tape, but adding the additional intensity channel?

Offline lrhorer

Re: Need a color chase for individual strings
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, »
I figured out a way to handle the first two items.  It's not exceedingly pretty, and it is a bit more labor intensive than I had wished, but by holding the <Shift> key and right-clicking, I can create multiple pulses and individually edit each one to suit my needs.  Then I can make multiple copies of the entire group.

I also figured out a kludge work-around for the 4 channel light.  I set an independent level event at 49% for the entire show.  Hopfeully that will work well enough.