Author Topic: Trouble moving one channels ramp to later in the timing with a macro used  (Read 1056 times)

Offline arw01

The images below show a macro effect that I used on the arches layer to start a slow ramp up.  I tried to move one of the arches timing's to lag the others by a couple of seconds, but when you try to do a selection and then a shift-drag that would let you move it, it dissappears?!!

When it plays, see second image, the commands are still being executed, you just cannot see them on the grid?  Anyone know how you can move the timing on a single channel from a generated macro effect?

Offline urthegman

Try creating a new layer with both arches and see if you like that result. Or you could save the macro to a pattern and just drag it to a spot a little later on a layer with just that arch on it.

Offline arw01

How do you save the macro to a pattern?  I also was thinking of taking the one arch out and seeing what that allows.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Offline zwiller

Why the use of a macro for a just ramp up or am I missing something?  With the controller expanded I have successfully cut and pasted macros or transitions as long as they were reasonably sized.

If I may go just slightly off topic, how does one fade/ramp out a macro or transition? 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

The short cut keys hint says that if you select a cell and hold down the F key and roll the mouse you can drop the intensity of the fade out of the cell, and holding the S key will let you adjust the starting intensity.

Is that the type of affect you were after?

Offline arw01

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why the use of a macro for a just ramp up or am I missing something?  With the controller expanded I have successfully cut and pasted macros or transitions as long as they were reasonably sized.

Umm, no good reason besides I am stubborn and want to know how it should work and know that it does NOT work correctly and I can stop beating my head upon the wall of WHY DOES THIS NOT WORK RIGHT!

Frustrated, going to go cut some wood instead..  At least I know WHAT I want to do now, just either have to do it the hard way cell by cell or someone smarter than me will tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thus far on LSP forum I have not been clear enough that i want to move the drawn effect on the channel and NOT the macro itself on the layer.

Offline urthegman

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
How do you save the macro to a pattern?  I also was thinking of taking the one arch out and seeing what that allows.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure if you right click on the macro in your layer it will give you the option to save to layer. Then when you paste it if you need to change the duration, you can do so.

Offline arw01

It was either that way or it let me drag and drop it over there.  I got a white ramp over there now, doesn't work right when drawn on the channels, but that's an entirely different matter to figure out next.

I think I will just nuke it again and start making a master animation matrix with channel numbers in the names because it makes you redo the channels for the controllers EVERY TIME...