Software > Light Elf Software utilities

Ok I am lost with light elf

<< < (2/2)

smeighan:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginThank you Sean, that higher level explanation helped.  Is there a way to put nutcracker affects back into like an lsp, or how do you blend the two, I guess would be a better question.

--- End quote ---

after you create effects you export the data as the  LSP UserPatterns.xml file. You now bring that back into LSP.

I have to tell you many people do NOT bring it back into LSP, once they bring their non-rgb stuff into xlights they add nutcracker effects and then play their shows using xlights scheduler or convert their show for conductor to play it.

sean

arw01:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
after you create effects you export the data as the  LSP UserPatterns.xml file. You now bring that back into LSP.

I have to tell you many people do NOT bring it back into LSP, once they bring their non-rgb stuff into xlights they add nutcracker effects and then play their shows using xlights scheduler or convert their show for conductor to play it.

sean

--- End quote ---

Ok, there's the heart of the matter, is there a thread or web page that talks about how you would bring non rgb into xlights?  So I make up my big show in LSP, maybe with some rgb stuff in there, then export it out vs using light elf to convert it, then how do I get that into the xlights grid to mix the effects I could make there with what I did in LSP, or do you have some sort of merge utility that takes the timing from my effects and inserts it into the exported LSP file?

That make any sense at all?

lashbyrn:
The biggest problem that I have run into trying to convert back to LSP from XLights is that the size of the file that is created to run in LSP is MASSIVE. 

taybrynn:
Lsp format is so bloated, that should tell you something ... Don't go back after xlights

I think a lot of us would like to be able go back, make changes ... Then have xlights "bolt on" again in the same way you did the first time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version