Author Topic: Problems with xlights output to pixels  (Read 1668 times)

Offline jlowe

Problems with xlights output to pixels
« on: November 11, 2013, »
A couple issues:

Color:
I have a 150 pixel strip connected to a E682. The E682 is configured that the outputs are GRB. I have this configured in the controller and the test sequences output to the desired color.

In xlights, I setup 150 rgb nodes as a single line of RGB pixels (figuring color ouputs will be corrected by the controller). But, this mixes up my colors.  If I choose GRB, the colors are mixed up in a different order.  I ended up having to try various color types until finding what worked (GBR).

Pixel Nodes:
When setting up a model, I would expect me saying 1 strand of 150 nodes (which calculates to 450 channels) should cover the full string.  However, when I set this, it outputs to a fraction (1/3 I'm guessing) of the pixel strip. I had to triple my number of nodes in the model setup for it to work with the full length of the strip.

Thanks!

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Problems with xlights output to pixels
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, »
what flex strip are u using ws2811 or 1809?

can you post your xlights_networks.xml and xlights_rgbeffects.xml files?

in all strings i have used i have never had to have xlights set to anything except rgb. the controllers themselves change the color order.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jlowe

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, »
I am using 2811 pixel strip from diyledexpress.com

Attached are the requested xml files.  I would also expect the output to be standard.  I played around with these strips earlier this year using an older version of xlights (don't know what version), and did not have any difficulties.  So, maybe I have something configured wrong, but I can't figure out what it is.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, »
A 5vdc 2811 flex strip of 150 pixels would be 450 channels.

A 12vdc 2811 flex strip of 150 pixels would be 150 channels (because it really only is 50 pixels since 3 chips light up at the same time)

Which ones do you have?  5vdc or 12vdc