Author Topic: Nutcracker timings  (Read 790 times)

Offline mitch09

Nutcracker timings
« on: November 11, 2013, »
I have a question which may be already be answered but I can't find it anywhere.

When adding effects on the nutcracker tab to one model MEGATREE I set a timing mark say at 10.00. I give the colorwash effect with a 2 second fade in and a 2 second fade out to my mega tree. I want that effect to last 7 seconds but have another timing mark and effect  for another model, say WINDOW at 12.00.  Every time a play the preview the colorwash starts over at 12.00.  With a fade in. How do I  keep this from happening?

Thanks

Ryan

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Nutcracker timings
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, »
I don't believe xlights supports multiple timing grids currently (or in LOR terms multiple tracks).  I am hoping eventually it might.  It might be bit advanced for this point in time?

I've been thinking that eventually xlights would greatly benefit from having "multiple timing grids" ... instead of just one ...
and especially the ability to import timings (as is done when defining a new musical sequence currently) but maybe a new option for import a "import timing marks from EXISTING channel(s)" from a pre-existing channel ... so in your example,
if you already had some old programming for a megatree and lets just say it was a red channel ... you
could create a new timing grid based on a channel (or possibly range of all megatree RED channels) and any timing marks
that were used (programmed an ON or FADE UP or FADE DOWN within) for that channel (or range of channels) would be turn into a new set of xlights timing marks based on how they were programmed, unused timings would not be retained
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mitch09

Re: Nutcracker timings
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, »
Thanks. I've been trying to figure it out for a while and have decided to just stick with creating the effects I want via the web nutcracker and copying the patterns to LSP.

Ryan