Author Topic: Xlights/nutcracker timings  (Read 831 times)

Offline mitch09

Xlights/nutcracker timings
« on: November 11, 2013, »
I have a question which may be already be answered but I can't find it anywhere.

When adding effects on the nutcracker tab to one model MEGATREE I set a timing mark say at 10.00. I give the colorwash effect with a 2 second fade in and a 2 second fade out to my mega tree. I want that effect to last 7 seconds but have another timing mark and effect  for another model, say WINDOW at 12.00.  Every time a play the preview the colorwash starts over at 12.00.  With a fade in. How do I  keep this from happening?

Thanks

Ryan

Offline arw01

Re: Xlights/nutcracker timings
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, »
I think if you leave the cell blank of effects BELOW your megatree at the 12.0 it should continue with the last effect until the next filled in cell at a later timing mark.

e.g. on cell at 10 you have your color wash and don't put another effect into a cell under the megatree until 20, you should get the megatree playing for 10 seconds.

Offline mitch09

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, »
I tried leaving the cells beneath blank, but it doesn't make any difference. Every timing mark starts the effect over(at least in the preview) for every model. I posted this in the Xlights forum as well and it was thought that xlights does not have this capability yet.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, »
Ryan, I just tried duplicating your scenario and, with the cells blank, it is not restarting.

I've attached the xml code I created if you want to look. (I added "txt" to the file extension to make it a legal attachment)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, »
I think you have to enter none into the cells you don't want anything to happen.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I think you have to enter none into the cells you don't want anything to happen.

If you enter None, then that is what you'll get - Nothing on the display and nothing output for that time slot in the XSEQ file.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, »
I have found that leaving a grid cell black will leave whatever was there alone.  I have been updating some old vixen sequences with RGB effects and as I had things for my pixel tree and then save the xseq file all is ok,  When I go to the preview and play the sequence all my original vixen effects are still there in the preview window.

I do put none, none in the last cells in the grid to ensure that the lights are all off when the sequence completes.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA