Author Topic: xlights/nutcracker models  (Read 720 times)

Offline mitch09

xlights/nutcracker models
« on: November 11, 2013, »
If I am importing from LSP into xlights do my RGB models need to have the same names that I use in LSP? Or are the effects just mapped to individual channel numbers and ignore model names?
The reason I am asking is I have certain effects that I have created in LSP for my RGB elements and I want to keep using them in a song, but also want to add a few nutcracker effects to these elements as well. Last year I used the web based nutcracker to copy patterns and paste them into LSP, but would love to be able to just add the effects at certain intervals using nutcracker.

Thanks,

Ryan

Offline arw01

Re: xlights/nutcracker models
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, »
Could you expand on how you copied the nutcracker effects back into LSP for last year?

Alan

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, »
Nutcracker will know nothing of the names of the elements in LSP.  Nutcracker will render data into the sequence you load for every channel that shows up in the sequence grid.

To do what you want to do you need to make sure that the channels you want to protect are wither not in the grid (you do not render to the model including those channels) or if they are int he gird make sure that the effect int he time intervals that you want to protect those channels is set to none,none.

This way xLights will not render any data to those channels in those time intervals and the data that existed when you opened the xseq file will still be where it was.

Frank

Offline mitch09

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, »
Thanks Frank. I'll give it a try.

Offline mitch09

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, »
Alan,
Go to nutcracker123.com where you can create your own models an export the user patterns for your version of LSP. You then take the Userpattern file and replace the existing one on your computer. The new patterns show up under "patterns" in LSP. I think Sean has the info on the website. If not. Pm me and I can walk you through it