Author Topic: Status Check?  (Read 6954 times)

Offline arw01

Re: Status Check?
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
still using xlights test mode to drive the stuff -- it looks good, and my sequences are still "in progress" :)

Gee that sounds familiar!

I happen to have mine turned off at the moment, but ran alternate most of the day as I got more and more things plugged in a fixed up.

And the good news is my SSR that took a nice shock from a ground wire survived and all the chips seem fine.  Will put a few more pigtails on it and put it in the show.

Alan

Offline bartels

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2013, »
Worked today on creating a mount for a coro star on top of my mega tree.  I should have the mega tree up tomorrow.  Today it got above freezing so it was a good day to anchor the base of the tree.  :D  Tomorrow I will working on stringing up the lights and putting the topper on.  This is my first year and am really excited to get this up.  I learned a lot this year and got a late start.  I will definitely start earlier next year.

Offline drlucas

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2013, »
OMG....what a LONG day!!

Anyways, I now have my candy canes mounted and tested. Lights on roof all fixed (fingers crossed FOR GOOD!). Have my three Universes all setup and everything is working. I'll need to move my coro star DSC channels around as I moved it from universe 1 to 3....AETHERs and other floods positioned perfectly now.

Tomorrow the PI and the transmitter leave the basement and get installed much closer to the road. I'll also go over all my sequences and see where I sit with them. Many need to be modified to add AETHERs and my tune in sign, but I'm 99.9% sure I'll be lights on tomorrow night.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, »
built etherdongle last night while sleepy, and installed the 8.0  clock wrong (turn 90 degrees from from where it should be)

got it fixed, and thankfully it's up and running!.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2013, »
all my strings that were acting up are repaired!!!

now on to the arches
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline arw01

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2013, »
Almost everything is out in the yard, even the SSR I thought I smoked with a ground wire hitting the fuse.  Solved that with some shrink tubing on the ground wire permanentely.

Arches are in the yard, might have one backwards yet.  No sequences finished.

Got to spend an hour today putting an inflatable back into the ground as strong winds had ripped it out and it was hanging on by just the power cord.

Alan

Offline scharbon

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2013, »
9 out of 10 trees for the display have been set up and or had lights strung up on them .  The last one is a big one but will get done today

5 arches are out but the flex strips haven't been attached to them yet - that should get done today

All but one controller (active hub) are in the yard.  That one will go out and everythign get connected to it after I eat breakfast

Need to hook up the audio.  Not certain when that will happen - maybe today

I have tested every component (controllers, lights, cables, cords) individually.  I have yet to test it all put together.  Tonight if all goes according to plan, I wll actually run through the sequences and make sure everything works like it is supposed to.  Took the day off so I could finish my set up.  Didn't have as much time over the weekend as I thought I would.

Steve

sjb

« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2013, »
Was able to put the last few items up yesterday and started the show for this year.
 Wow, once again waited until the last damn minute to do everything and got totally stressed out. Why do I keep doing this and vow to start earlier next year?

Steve

Offline drlucas

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2013, »
One song done now with Candy Canes working. YEAH!!!!

Radio issues sorted out (I think).

Left to do.....finish the other 9 songs and add TUNE TO sign illumination, AETHER and more candy cane effects. Also kick around with new chase sequences and see how I can apply them to window outlines.

I did a HUGE clean up on ailse six with my hubs and wiring yesterday which is going to make a big difference if I run into any more issues.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline zwiller

« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2013, »
Was able to put the last few items up yesterday and started the show for this year.
 Wow, once again waited until the last damn minute to do everything and got totally stressed out. Why do I keep doing this and vow to start earlier next year?

Steve

<la..

I was doing pretty good but Ray has continued to delay my shipment.  Got nowhere with him on chat tonight.  Trying to be cool but it is wearing on me. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline scharbon

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2013, »
Done!! :)

Took longer than I thought, but I added a bunch of new elements so there were some growing pains. 

Now its time to see if my flex strips, SSCs, and active hub in the battery box will stand up to bad weather.  I added some 12 foot artificial trees this year.  Getting them into the ground and standing them up was pretty easy.  Now we'll see if they stand up to wind.  I have them tethered to the ground with guy wires, but I can't help but think a decent wind pushing against a 12 foot tree will pull the stakes out of the ground.  I went with 7 inch vortex stakes in lieu of the 14 inch vortex stakes.  I thought they would be a pain to drive into the ground.  They weren't.  Now I wish I went with the 14 inch.  Only time and a good wind will tell.

Show looks good.  Sad to say it, but the artificial trees with lights in them are easier to light up and look better than the real 30 foot pine trees I used last year.  Over the last 7 years, the trees have gotten to big for me to get up high.  The trees must look "real enough" though, as I was on the ladder adding lights to one of the trees, a dog came around the corner is raised a leg against the other one and "marked" his turf.

Time to sit back and relax and enjoy the season. 

Good luck to everyone else still setting up.  Zwiller, your shows look great.  I hope Ray gets you your gear in time for this year.  Looking forward to more video's from you.

Steve     

Offline lightsoncallaway

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2013, »

Steve

I hear you there.  I got all mine up and even expanded to the neighbors yard,  24 channels I hadn't prepared for at all.

Curt

Offline arw01

« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2013, »
Only one more static item to get out, and that one requires being wrapped in new lights for the last 2 years. <md..

Drug the wife out to help hang to big ornaments under the massive pine tree. I would like another 6 or 7 of those in different colors.

Want to find a large net light now for wrap the trunk with.

Alan

Offline arw01

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2013, »
Thought I would get a lot more done tonight then I did, played with the LSP scheduler for an hour and gave up, it was choking on it's own msq files in validating where you add the files to the sequence.

So I used a set of three testing files for xlights that basically run the whole set of rgb as a 2 strand tree for 1500 or so nodes, and then I toss in the blue christmas I have been working on for a few weeks here.  it's mostly ok, will tweak it some more later.  Off to fix up the channels in space odyssey then onto the fox song or something really short to get another song into the rotation.

Tomorrow I hope to get the FM transmitter up and running.

Offline scharbon

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2013, »
So after three weeks of multiple unsuccessful attempts to get a hold of the lawn service company to see when they complete their Fall Service, I figured it would be safe to set up for Christmas.  Certainly no one would be doing lawn work in December, so I started and completed my set up and completed this past weekend.

Guess who showed up today?  <fp.

While I was at work I got a frantic call from my wife telling me the lawn service company was outside on our property and the common property (which I kind of commandeer for the show) with mowers, weed-whackers, and lawn aeration equipment.  Bless her heart, she was out there telling them to not tend to the lawn in the areas of the cables and decorations, but there was a substantial language barrier.  It appears they got the message/figured it out but we wont know until tonight when I get back and run the wires and try to run the show.

Sometimes stuff just happens.

Steve