Author Topic: Lynx Wireless DMX Coop  (Read 39949 times)

Offline wbe12345

Re: Lynx Wireless DMX Coop
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2009, »
Found a surprise in the mail, the Lynx wireless arrived not bad three days from Florida.

Great pcbs as usual can't wait to put some parts on them.

Thanks again get job to RJ and the rest of the beta testing team!!!!!!!!

Have a wonderful vacation RJ.

Wallace
wbe12345

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2009, »
I got a padded envelope in the mail today,...... Nope it was the dog gone QVC oder my wife was waiting for.

Mine must be stuck in customs.      :(    (patiently waiting,...  drooling,.... waiting,......  ya )

Leon
Leon

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2009, »
The boards made it to MA.  Thanks!
/mike

Offline dilgod

• Change your thoughts and you change your world.
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2009, »
Yep! Yesterday, I too, got mine on the west coast.
Thanks RJ.

-dilgod

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2009, »
Whats worse than having to suffer through a bad horror film?  

Having to live through actual horror!!!!!!!!!!   :( :( :( :( :( :(

In case you can't read the sticker in pic Box_1.jpg it reads "Recieved Without Contents At Reno NV 89510"

Yup,... the box was empty.   :(

I've already had a good cry. Looks like no wireless this year...
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2009, »
I am out of town for the week so I can not do anything right away but it does not mean you will have no wireless. This is the very reason I do not let people by the extra pcb's form the coop until everyone gets theirs and we make sure all is good. It is far better that I have less extras than a coop member not get their stuff.

I am sorry about the issue but since is a flat rate box I am not sure how they can clain it was an odd shape or improper?

Did you ask them about what they will do. I know insurance is for lost items but this is not lost it was mishandled and in an approved boxed designed by them for their systems.

PM me the confirmation number so I can see what I can make them do for us.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2009, »
Thanks for the response RJ. I will go to the USPS. Not sure if I can tomorrow. I anticipate I can't do anything til Monday. Sorry to have bothered you on vacation.

I really appreciate your efforts above and beyond in order to offset things like this. I will definitely let you know what happens.

Thanks again

Leon
Leon

Offline DPingel

« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2009, »
RJ,

I too received my package with items missing .  Only had 2 PCB's ( 1 EX/RX & 1 RX ).  Missing 1 TX & 2 EX/RX.

Thanks,

David

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2009, »
I got all my PCBs, but oddly my box was pretty mangled and partially open too.  I was really worried that I had some missing until I counted.

Very weird coincidence.

Ron

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2009, »
Same here - while I received all of my boards, the end flap was partially open and it's a bit of a miracle nothing dropped out. Wasn't going to mention it previously but saw the other posts so thought I would let you know.

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2009, »
My experience was similar.  Box end flap partially open but...  nothing missing  (thankfully).. 

3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #176 on: August 01, 2009, »
I'm guessing all of the shipping issues (mine was also squashed, but everything was there) is because the box was easy to crush due to the thinness of the contents, and one it is crushed, the ends tend to open.  Maybe put the pcbs in a bag and tape the bag to the inside of the box?

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Whats worse than having to suffer through a bad horror film?  

Having to live through actual horror!!!!!!!!!!   :( :( :( :( :( :(

In case you can't read the sticker in pic Box_1.jpg it reads "Recieved Without Contents At Reno NV 89510"

Yup,... the box was empty.   :(

I've already had a good cry. Looks like no wireless this year...

Leon,

I was going to post pic's of the box my boards showed up in. Now I won't need to. It looked just like the box you received. I was concerned and opened it in front of the mail lady. All boards were there wrapped tightly in new paper. Thanks RJ.

Sorry to hear your pcb's didn't make it here. Sounds like RJ has got you covered.

Brad

2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2009, »
Thanks for all the info, I need to know these things. I used these to save everyone $5 in shipping but I can see I do not want to use them again. I have found the same issue if I send more than a few pcb's or different sized pcbs in the padded envelopes so I am going to go to standard flat rate for all. It sucks cause that means the shipping will be more than the pcbs in some orders but I can't keep having it happen.

It hasn't been a high percent but with the number of pcb's we send out it is enough to cost.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2009, »
Just my 2 cents guys.

It seems to me that 99 times out of 100 the system, such that it is, works and works very well. The boxes may be a weak link in the case of shipping boards. However, you can't see it in this case but the box was obviously wet and as such caused the box to fail when it was handled in a rough fashion. I'm not sure but these boxes are probably made from recycled paper. The difference here is that unlike regular boxes, when recycled paper gets wet as many are aware, it turns to papier mache.

Anyway, unfortunately, the offial response from the lady at the USPS front counter is "It's not insured,...  Sorry."

I did not say it but wanted to tell her (actually not her,... the USPS) I think the USPS in "this" case should at the very least refund the shipping. At the very least there was an exchange of money for a service that was not provided.

my 2 cents.

Leon
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon