Author Topic: Lynx Wireless DMX Coop  (Read 39937 times)

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Re: Lynx Wireless DMX Coop
« Reply #180 on: August 01, 2009, »
I looked at mine again and it looks to me like the weak link on mine was the ends of the box.  I know they are meant to just be put together with the tab inserted in the slot, then the adhesive top stuck down, but the end is where mine came open.   It looks like something squished (technical term) the end and that caused the end to sort of open.  I think if there was tape over both short ends it would not have been a problem, as it would have stayed closed even squished.

Just a thought.

Ron

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #181 on: August 01, 2009, »
My pcbs arrived in one piece, but they were not packed very well in the box, just a little newspaper apparently wrapped around them and nothing to wedge them into the box or even keep the paper wrapped around them.  With the sharp corners of the loose pcbs, too much shake rattle and roll could cause the box to get cut / weakened as well.  At the very least a rubber band around the boards would have made things a little sturdier.  Just my 2 cents.  This is the first shipment that came so loosely packed.

I'm just posting as a constructive comment since everything came thru ok, but the potential for loss or damage was bigger than any previous shipment I have received.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
« Reply #182 on: August 01, 2009, »
Mine came through OK, and the ends were taped, at least where the flap went into the box.

I'd agree that there was not enough additional material with the items in my box to prevent the box from becoming squashed if something heavy was placed on top of the box, or if was shaken.  And the box material was fairly thin, and easily crushed.

just an observation...
Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #183 on: August 01, 2009, »
The box I received showed signs of being wet too. On the same end that had been crushed and mangled.

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #184 on: August 01, 2009, »
Mine came through unscathed.  It's funny how the USPS can handle the same box with the same contents in such a varying manner, from no damage whatsoever, to ripped and torn with contents missing.
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #185 on: August 01, 2009, »
Mine came in fine. A little loose inside but just fine.

Thanks RJ.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline Blackbeard

« Reply #186 on: August 01, 2009, »
Mine arrived with all contents in tact and in good condition, but the box was not pristine. I've had problems before with the USPS and crushed boxes, but things usually get here. I'm wondering if perhaps one of the other common factors to all of this might be overlooked - that being the particular post office these might all have been shipped from. It seems odd that so many problems seem to be similar in nature, and I just can't imagine the post office could stay in business as a package courier if this were a wide spread practice.

Perhaps a different drop might be used next time or maybe use of a different courier might be explored. I don't like DHL as they seem to be less than professional in my area so I'd stay away from them, but I wonder how Mouser might be able to send things so cheaply (I'm sure it has something to do with contracts and quantity though).

Anyway, it's just my pennies being thrown out and it's late and I tend to get wordy this early in the morning.

steve

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #187 on: August 02, 2009, »
My experience was similar.  Box end flap partially open but...  nothing missing  (thankfully).. 

i got all mine, but they really damaged the box. I'm getting kind of worried about all the mishandling of the packages. I'm glad nothing was broken, but there was a lot of room (air in the box) for the boards to move around.

Offline deplanche

« Reply #188 on: August 02, 2009, »
The box I recieved was in near perfect condition...at least until I opened it.

I wonder if all of the damage to the boxes was done at the same location?  Maybe one box that took some damage and messed up all those behind it.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #189 on: August 03, 2009, »
Sounds like the origin office left them out in the rain for a while (it does rain in Florida right???  ;D) and then threw them into the front of a 50' trailer from the rear.  All these reports of the same thing almost has to mean mishandling at the shipping office...postal, not RJ.  I have shipped and received lots of items and haven't run into anything quite as bad or widespread as what people are reporting here.  Maybe a disgruntled worker went "postal" on them.  Sounds like some tape on the ends might help keep them together though.  Don't think mine will ship till RJ gets back so will be interesting to see how they fair.

-Keith

Offline dr. jones

« Reply #190 on: August 03, 2009, »
recieved mine today - wasn't in the greatest of shape - one end looks to have been crushed
After reading the issues others were having, I decided to count the pcbs :(
I am missing 4 recievers and 1 transmitter :(

If the issue is at the shipping office - then they should be responsible for all the issues/ losses

Offline 31swford

« Reply #191 on: August 03, 2009, »
Got mine without any problems. No signs of being wet, crushed, or anything like is listed here.  Only thing that could have been any problem would have been, the ends of the box were not taped.  Still no problems though......Rhonda

Offline Walter

« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2009, »
RJ,

I would like 1 TX and 1 EX/RX

Thanks

Walter
Walter

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: August 05, 2009, »
RJ,

I would like 1 TX and 1 EX/RX

Thanks

Walter

Walter,

This coop is closed. There will be some avaliable after we get everyone their stuff on this coop. I will post in the for sale area when  they are avaliable.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline lortiz

« Reply #194 on: August 06, 2009, »

My box was really in bad shape also, however the boards inside looked to be all ok.

My input in case RJ will file a complaint to USPS....

Leo
Barbara Sher - "Doing is a quantum leap from imagining."