Author Topic: Lynx Wireless DMX Coop  (Read 39932 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Lynx Wireless DMX Coop
« Reply #195 on: August 09, 2009, »
Ok,

To clear things up,  The packages were not mishandle at my local post office. This is why 90% of them arrived just fine. The ones messed up all had a common point along the way. They were left on a dock in the rain and the ones on the bottom got soaked the ones on top got just wet and dried out.  This weakened the boxes and when loaded in the normal stack they could not handle the load. I can get refunded for the three with lost contents if I fill out abunch of forms and send a letter ect. But I am not even doing it as the $18 is nothing compared to the cost of the 35 pcbs or so I am replacing.

As far as the theories on the packages not being filled, USPS has assured me the flat rate boxes are design to function in their systems with no contents in them at all. That is correct, an empty flat rate box is suppost to be able to run in their systems without damage. The key here is not a wet one but a dry one.

To add to this WWNF911's package that lost all of its contents was full of pcbs and could not have had the coardboard crushed as there was almost no room in it with 30 pcbs inside. But it was likely on the bottom and got soaked to the point of the cardboard falling apart.

The replacement boards for the three that lost pcbs will ship out tommorrow at my expense.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: August 09, 2009, »
I have been over run with support pm's asking me to let them chip in to cover the cost of the lost pcb's! I am grateful for such a great bunch of members. This was not just members who lost stuff wanting to pay, I had people that were not even in the coop offer! That is the kind of people we have at DLA. I thank you all for the offers but I think my post was read as if it was a burden, When I said at my exspense I meant the users that lost would not need to pay again. This is the exact reason we have a 3% coop fee on the coops. It is to take care of the issues that come up from time to time. All of the coop managers forget something when they quote or have prices change on them, or sometimes to get the stuff that go longer on a backorder without waiting for many months we have to change where we get it and this cost more shipping or the price is higher.

Yes sometimes they go perfect and we consider it a small tip for the managers in those rare cases. LOL

But when they don't, it is there to make sure the managers do not hopefully not only do a lot of work but also spend money out of their pockets so other can have stuff.

The good news is I did not let anyone have any of the extras that were ordered on the coop. So we are good and I have them to take care of everyone. So when you wonder why I make you wait till a coop is closed and everyone says they are good before I will sell you any extras you now know why. If a person puts into a coop and waits then they are priority to get their stuff.

So thanks for the offer but lets just let the coop fee's do their job and it will not cost anyone money.

RJ

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #197 on: August 11, 2009, »
My box mailed on Aug. 7 arrived yesterday. It had been crushed but the ends held (the clear packing tape came to the rescue). All ordered items were inside.

Thanks RJ.

\dmc

Offline IronRuss

« Reply #198 on: August 11, 2009, »
I received my box, it was in perfect condition shipped in the first batch you sent out.

Russ

Offline DPingel

« Reply #199 on: August 14, 2009, »
RJ,

My package post marked Aug 10, I received today. I now have all the  PCB's  I requested.

Thanks,
David

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2009, »
I sent the replacements all out early this week and would expect them to be getting there in the next few days. If by Tuesday anyone is without their units please PM me and let me know or I will be moving this coop to the finished coop section. I had a couple that have not paid shipping but I have sent them pm's and such so I will hang on to there shippments until I hear from them.

I have a few people wanting what I have left. There is not that many but once I get this listed as finished I can post and let them have them. Until I post they are not avaliable so please don't PM me for them until that time.

RJ

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #201 on: August 15, 2009, »
Oops!!   :-[

Been distracted lately. Everything arrived on Wednesday. The box was crushed but the ends held this time. I think the only difference was last time it got wet. I have a theory that all the flat rate boxes get shipped together. Normally, I don't think this would be a problem. However, I think that when the smaller boxes are put in among the other larger flat rate boxes then things start to get crushed. My theory is that the larger boxes being flat rate can be very heavy and this causes the other boxes to get crushed.

Thanks so much for the replacements and all the care/ re-enforcement on the package.

I really appreciate it!

Leon
Leon

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: August 15, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oops!!   :-[

Been distracted lately. Everything arrived on Wednesday. The box was crushed but the ends held this time. I think the only difference was last time it got wet. I have a theory that all the flat rate boxes get shipped together. Normally, I don't think this would be a problem. However, I think that when the smaller boxes are put in among the other larger flat rate boxes then things start to get crushed. My theory is that the larger boxes being flat rate can be very heavy and this causes the other boxes to get crushed.

Thanks so much for the replacements and all the care/ re-enforcement on the package.

I really appreciate it!

No Problem I want everyone happy and anyone ordering that many wireless devices on a coop it would be a crime for them to not to have wireless at all!

RJ

Leon

Offline tlh

• Patron Member
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2009, »
Hey, RJ-
Got the two transmitter boards yesterday to complete the package.  I really appreciate all you do to make this hobby a reality.  Best,
Terry

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2009, »
I have now built all my wireless stuff and have everything working.  It is exciting.  I have a few extra boards LE & EX/RX that I can still do, but I can see that I am going to want to do more.  I would urge you to do another wireless PCB coop.  My priority now is getting my sequencing done, but if that goes reasonably well, I have lights and room to expand my layout, but would need board availability.  I'm not talking about a full parts coop, just a board coop.  I'm assuming I can find the parts if I decide I have the time, but boards are much harder to come by with a longer lead time.  Thanks for all you do.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA