Author Topic: Excel Import?  (Read 576 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Excel Import?
« on: November 13, 2013, »
Can some one please help me understand the Excel spread sheet? I need to build a very large odd sized matrix and have NO idea how to do it. There will be 64 strings of nodes. Almost all of them will be a different node count and length and not all of them will start at the same place at the top. I thought that putting the nodes in cells in Excel would be the best way to go about it. Any help would be appreciated!

Roger

Offline JonB256

• My website
Re: Excel Import?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, »
Perhaps there is a work around, but the when I look at the spreadsheet, it is for making Custom Models using a single string.

You are looking at 64 strings, so I don't think it can help you. When I looked at the XML for my custom models (candy canes), they have no provision for multiple strings.

You may just need to make a Matrix with 64 strings and set the length of the strings as the "longest" string you have.
It won't look right in the Preview, but it might work for you. Perhaps use "Individual Start Channels" to help control your starting points.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, by JonB256 »

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Excel Import?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, »
Thanks Jon. That is too bad. I guess I will be doing all of the programming for my roof with LSP.  :'(