Author Topic: LSP 2.8 light elf to xlights conversion question  (Read 2323 times)

Offline galex2

Has anyone tried converting LSP 2.8 files to xlights using Light elf?  Just wondering, I'm like 90% done with my Christmas show where I've sequenced using LSP 2.5 converted to xlights using "light elf" to add nutcracker effects for my RGB channels and plan on using the scheduler in xlights which worked flawlessly for my Halloween show.  I found out I qualify for a free upgrade to 2.8 but I don't want to rework my whole show at this point to mess with the LSP scheduler and RGB effects.    I may play around with it if I have time but going back to LSP to run this years show ain't gonna happen. 

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: LSP 2.8 light elf to xlights conversion question
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, »
Actually the scheduler is working 1000% better than last year.

It is so much easier to use. It is very easy to add sequences to create a schedule and set the start/end time. You can even drag the size of the schedule window to change the start/end time.

I ran my Halloween show with it this year with minimum problems.

The 2.8 scheduler was a complete rewrite of the code. It even has a client/server architecture now.

Light elf should be able to convert 2.8 sequences as well as 2.5 ones.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, »
You can also export to conductor format from LSP and then in xlights convert from conductor to xlights to add nutcracker stuff.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline galex2

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, »
I did try the conversion to conductor route but what happens is it only converts my E1.31 controller channels.  I have one USB DMX pro universe that the conductor conversion ignores so I loose the ability to bring those channels along.  I use the DMX pro to control some dumb RGB pixel displays as well as two AC16 D-light controllers that I have converted to Open DMX.  So Light Elf works for me for now and I did try it with 2.8 sequences and it works fine.  Next season I'll try to go all 2.8 but it's too late for me this year as this week I'll be finishing sequencing and starting to put up my display hopefully next week.

Thanks all

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, »
You could temporarily convert the controller type of the USB DMX to E1.31 controller type for exporting in the conductor format.

This will work if you are just trying to get the whole sequence into Xlights.

Just an idea that I have not tried.

Offline coachers

• Coachers
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, »
With LSP 2.8 scheduler not working as anticipated, I switched to XLights to run my show.

I just loaded up my sequence in the sequencer and exported as a .LMS file. Opened XLights, selected the .LMS files and rocked on with no issues.

My question - Why does everyone talk about converting the .LMS files more to XLights files? Or using Elf to convert?

I don't see the need,  Am I missing something?
May you have Good Health...
Great Wealth.....
And your stein never be empty.

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, »
Many paths to get there...  There were issues with reliability of the export to LMS in that past and for some users, Seilbeck, myself and a few others, actually stitch together multiple 25second LSP sequences into full length sequences as LSP cannot handle the data quantity of our sequencing technique.

In addition LightElf will batch convert your sequences from LSP to XLights, conductor, etc... If you need to convert 10 sequences from LSP to Xlights elf is by far the fastest way to do it.  Which is what I had to do 3 years ago after LSP destroyed my lights on party...

Frank

Offline caretaker

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, »
I converted 8 LSP 2.8 sequences with Light Elf in under 2 minutes, with Franks re-write to optimize processor time it flies through  20 meg LSP files and the actual conversion to .xseq files is so quick I thought it wasn't working till I checked the directory and saw them there.
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, »
  ;D