Author Topic: Is there someplace to put a "label" or notes?  (Read 1624 times)

Offline arw01

Is there someplace to put a "label" or notes?
« on: November 14, 2013, »
I was thinking I could use a "windows command" spot with echo "I want all lights here"

you know when you think of something you want to put into the sequence and want to have some reminders of what you were thinking when you get back in a few days?

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Is there someplace to put a "label" or notes?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, »
Not that I am aware of.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, »
Me either. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, »
Thank you gentlemen, one of the videos had a command spot below the sonogram area, but he did not explain how he popped it out, said you could use it to launch other programs in the sequencer to control whatever you might want to control.

Someone know which menu that hides under?  I just discovered last night why some of my controllers completely disappear and other times they just shrink and expand, so there are a lot of little hidden spots in there!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, »
Yes you can make commands like sending something over RDS radio or something like that, but it is not for notations.

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, »
yes, not intended, but a echo "I want a note put in here" for a command might very well work lovely as a makeshift usage.  I do tend to think outside the box when it comes to programs intended uses.. >:D

found it, doesn't seem to do anything at all while sequencing which is probably by design, but shows up as alittle yellow box, and by doing a right click and edit windows command you can read it. 

I suppose it really only functions in the schedular vs the sequencer.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  tells how to turn it on.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, by arw01 »

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, »
Yes, that is a great use for it. I actually recommended that in a post or a video. I will see if I can find it. The command will not run in the sequencer until output is turned on and it needs to be a batch file.

You can put anything you want in the command and then when you reach that spot in your sequence just edit the command to see your note. If it is not a valid batch file, lsp and windows will just ignore it.

I found it and you can view it here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
then look for  Right Click Menus
Audio Visualizer............................... Video Of the Audio Visualizer Context Menu with a neat trick to comment your timing cells...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline arw01

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, »
As an enhancement in version 3 or whatever it will be, a pop up when you hover over the cell with it's contents would be a great help.

Or better yet, make it a dual purpose area, you can insert a comment or insert a command.

Alan