Author Topic: Sickly Bobcat Tester  (Read 4339 times)

Offline jwaymire

Sickly Bobcat Tester
« on: November 15, 2013, »
Anyone,
Was so excited today, received my tester kit in the mail, I put it together first thing.  I must have done something wrong though, the tester led segment display works perfectly, you can go through all selections just fine.  However, neither of my Lynx Express units will obey.  When I hook up the tester, the dmx receive light illuminates on the lynx, but will not do anything.  Does anyone have any suggestions of what I may try?  I have attached 2 photos front and back of the board, double checked all of the IC's, & clock orientation, etc...  Just not sure what to check next.  Its a little late now, but I was thinking of hooking up the oscilloscope to the dmx side to see what the signal looked like tomorrow.  Any help is appreciated...

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
Re: Sickly Bobcat Tester
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, »
The front and back of the board look ok. The obvious questions first, did you program the PIC?, did you select on the tester the channels that the LE can see, i.e, if the controller has a start channel of 17, did you scroll the tester to channel 17 to 32?, what start channel did you flash the PIC for, 1 or 256?

Offline n1ist

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, »
That's a version 1 board.  It needs two resistors added to the back to work correctly.  See
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
for a picture on where to add them.  They should have been in the kit of parts; if not, let me know and I'll get them out to you.  They are 4.7k but anything from about 3k to 10k or so would be fine (they are just pullups).

/mike

Offline jwaymire

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, »
Thanks Mike!

I knew it had to be something I did/didn't do...  lol...  No worries on the resistors, i'll run by Frys on my way home and pick up a couple.  You don't think I did any damage to the LE boards because of this huh?

Thanks again,
Justin

Offline jwaymire

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, »
Are they 1/4watt 4.7k?

Offline jwaymire

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, »
Nevermind...  Lost my mind for a sec...  I just checked the BOM, thats it...

Offline n1ist

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2013, »
Running it without the resistors won't harm anything; it just won't work.  1/4W or 1/8W would be fine; higher wattages would work but would be harder to fit on the board because they are bigger.
/mike